desperate now.ESA.

bailey boo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. DWP have just informed me that because my son has now reached the age of 18 that i no longer qualify for Severe Disablement Premium. I am in receipt of DLA (for the time being ! ) at high rate mobility and middle rate of care. My son is in full time education at college. He is on the autistic spectrum and receives DLA lower rate mobility and middle rate of care. I have been placed in the support group of ESA contributions and income based. I have a mortgage and get half the interest paid. Do i now have to pay council tax ?? So confused by all of this. I will probably have to sell my home which isn't worth very much.

Once you son becomes a non dependent adult you will lose the severe disablement premium if he lives with you, however you will keep all other benefits. But although not 100% sure, I had thought that he was considered a dependent adult if he remained in full time education up until he is 20 though I think it depends what course and what level of course. Worth checking with the CAB.

If no other adults live in the house, you can keep your severe disability premium, you just need to let the DWP know that your son receives middle rate care and provide proof.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop