T.b.i.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Needs Help Please...

Got a very old Beneficial Bank Debt from 1994 in which i have been paying £1 on.

I recently sent them a letter fo a SAR which they have rang me to tell me that they are unable to provide and i should continue to pay a £1 as they can deem it as an unsatisfactory request and £1 isn't going to break the bank and because i have been paying it i have acknowledged the debt.

What should i do next please....

Thanks in advance.

They can't refuse an SAR, as they have to comply with the Data Protection Act. Did they return your £10 fee for the SAR ?

Suggest a complaint to the Compliance Manager/Director of BB, advising them that they need to fulfill the SAR or face a complaint to the ICO. Send them a copy of the letter that someone from BB has sent to you, as I expect the Compliance Manager will not be happy.

Has there ever been a period of 6 years (5 in Scotland) where you did not make any repayments ? Is there any CCJ requiring the £1 payments ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Send them a CCA request, It costs £1. IF they cant provide a full copy of the original, quit paying and tell them goodbye as the debt is unenforceable. You are currently being cashcowed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yes.

They have failed to fulfil the CCA request and as such, the debt is now unenforcable( as it probably already has been for YEARS) until they provide a full copy of the original agreement.

As i said, you are being cashcowed.

Send them this: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

Edit: Can i ask if you sent the £1 postal order with the CCA request?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I put it in my previous post. However, i need to ask, did you send the £1 postal order or cheque with the CCA request, as if you didnt, then it isnt a lawful request and they dont have to comply with it until they recieve the payment.

If you did follow the request correctly, then send that letter in my previous post and STOP PAYING.

No i didnt! but i did get a letter of confirmation that they were going to the original lender to try and retrieve it so they have actioned on my request.

should i do it again and enclose a postal order for a £!

Thanks

Yes. Put it through correctly, so this time they cant wriggle out of it. Theyve pretty much confirmed they dont have the agreement, but you need to make it official. Get teh request in with the payment, wait the 14 days then send the letter if they dont send it.

Also, since it is a pre-2007 agreement, the CCA must comply with specific requirements. Lets see what comes back, if anything.

Under which the debt becomes uncollectable or unenforceable until such timw the cca request is fulfilled.

I must agree with lostatsea here>

A couple of points to clarify please, does Beneficial still own this account?

What was the amount owed?

Does the debt appear on your credit files?

This CCA request when was it made?

Please note that the time scale for compliance is 12+2 WORKING DAYS NOT 14 days!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

It wasnt an actual cca request as the payment wasnt made with it. It looks like the lender took it as a request then realised that there wasnt a payment with it.