style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a somewhat interesting situation with British Gas.

Recently I applied for a Halifax account that was offering £100 to open it & £5 a month when paying in £1000 or more a month but got turned down.

Investigation of my credit file found that British Gas had marked my credit file with 6 payments of more than 6 months late for both electricity

and gas and defaulted them with the final marking.

Where it gets interesting is that I asked for final bills in August 2009 when I moved out of the property which finally arrived in October 2009.

It looks like the first late marking is for October 2009 for both accounts and the defaults were done in April 2010.

The start date shown on the credit file for both accounts is wrong, the amount owing is wrong

- neither amount matches the final bills I received, which were disputed at the time.

No payment arrangement was agreed, no default notice was issued and British Gas were not supplying me with energy when they started marking my file.

There were problems with the accounts due to erroneous transfer issues via London Energy who eventually returned the accounts to British Gas

who weren't supplying me with electricity prior to the erroneous transfer.

I'm not entirely sure about the gas being honest but the credit file shows the accounts as started some 2 years after energy accounts were started.

Even those dates don't match what I was told on the phone by BG customer services when I phoned to rage at them.

There's also the small matter that British Gas point blank refused to send me bills because apparently they don't send bills to people so far in arrears.

The first contact I had from British Gas once London Energy admitted fault was a summons when they attempted to obtain a warrant to fit a prepayment meter.

I think I'll probably have to do an SAR on British Gas to find out what the heck is in the records they have before I stir things up any more.

Basically I think my energy accounts were opened on one date, my credit file claims different dates and British Gas have given me different dates again on the phone.

Can British Gas charge me separately for SAR on each account or should they only be able to charge a single fee?

There used to be a template around here somewhere for withdrawing consent for information processing- can't seem to find it now.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Does anyone know what you can claim for false information on a credit file? Do you have to prove actual loss?

I would have been happy if British Gas had just removed the defaults like they said they were going to when I first queried this. Sadly someone decided that they had 40 days to investigate and they weren't going to remove the defaults when there was an outstanding amount (despite having already admitted to selling the "debt")

BG have only recentley accused me in an email of Tampering with a Gas meter back in September 2009.

In my email conversations with BG have suggested very nicely that they are not fit for purpose on holding

information and passing it on, unless they actually know and will prove is correct. Courts might be one

place to prove matters.

Before anyone attacks me, I was the person responsible for British Gas having to re-write major portions

of the non functioning software they employed back in 2009. Have the genuine emails stored from Customer

Relations. Nope, I never actually believed this either. Still have all the utter excuses stored!

Wish you well with your fight.

Mike.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ro284,

Not an expect in the slightest, dislike bullying companies that can make claims, but seem never able to back them up. Not able to reply in PM. The rules here are the rules and happy with the system that runs. I believe you should hide your actual personal information and post here for better advice. Actually you will receive better advice than I could give you personally.

What able to state as fact, once they disagree, they stop all communications. Any email communication these bullies might send you will need to be saved or created as PDF files for you to have a full and factual record of what they have said. Never engage them in any telephone conversations. It was only by doing this that I personally learnt of the claims laid against me. Asking them to prove that some 3 years later is a totally different matter. With British Gas Customer Service, well is not there anymore. Sure from the side they sit on have nailed another theif.

The only theives are them, removing money from the expensive meter I fed. You can certainly reckon they have not heard the last of this just yet!

With regards

Mike.