Employer being unreasonable?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI, could do with some help as to whether my employer is being unreasonable or not

I am returning to my part time job which is 15 hours in a school (after my third and final child)

I was previously working three days a week 9.30 to 2.30 3 days a week

My employer now wants me to work five days a week and spread the 15 hours over 5 days, which means the extra childcare costs and additional travel (its a 20 mile each way drive) that it makes out i am at a loss for working when I was hoping to go back and just do 3 days that I had before

Have i got any right to just return to the same pattern as before?

I think the maternity cover may take my job.

I have phoned HR about what flexibility I could be offered and been told to just speak to the head master who doesn't seem to be bothered :-(

What does your contract say about your hours? The pre maternity contract.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

What does your contract say about your hours? The pre maternity contract.
contract is just for 15 hours work pattern isn't specified but I was in the three day pattern for at least six months before leaving to have my baby... Thaks in thanks in advance

Gray area then if it was not permanent I am afraid. Have you made a flexible working request yet??

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!