Nationwide car insurance

ryoden
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have been receiving odd letters from a variety of companies AA, RAC, Age Concern and Nationwide. All of them started with weird names like Mr Xitlqqlc and the like. Today we had 9 letters in one go all from Nationwide Car Insurance renewal all wit the Name Mr Caisoncca the only difference was the last three letters of the names were all different like a bot was choosing them at random.

I am wondering if this is some attempt at fraudulent activity but cant fathom what the instigator is getting out of it as currently I am just returning the letters not known at this address.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems or have some idea what the instigator would be hoping to gain?

Are they actually renewals of policies or policy documents ? There are a few possibilities. 1) Someone is getting quotes using your address to check what these Insurers are charging, with made up names, causing the letters to be posted to you. This could be someone living near you, who did not want to give their real name/address, as they are trying to manipulate the quotes to get the cheapest. Or it could be a market research company who check market rates for Insurers or an Insurance company checking rates or a company doing training on a live system, but not stopping mail 2) It could be someone who is trying to gain money from cashback sites by mucking around. I have heard that some people are doing something dodgy to get money from cashback sites, by using someone elses address, but I don't know quite how this works.

Suggest retuning all the envelopes return to sender, marked not at this address.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The letters are all kind of "Did you know the majority of our car insurance customers pay under £xx? Csall now for a quote etc.

They started coming sometime after I was caught by a fraudulent website and tried to buy a laptop, the credit card company refunded the money but of course the site had my address and I wonder if it was to do with that.