sar request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've just send my ppi claim letters of to capital one and mbna. I'm going to now write to them for my sar just to speed things up.

Just 2 questions will my sar contain a copy of my original application? Also do I address my request to the same address as my ppi claim?

Kind regards

Stuart

UNLIKELY, There is no obligtion to supply agreements with a SAR. SAR goes to the data controller at head office address.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

ideally you should have got hte SAR details FIRST!

trouble with sending speculative PPI letters

before you know what they owe

is they dont take you seriously as it appears you dont know what you are doing.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Request a copy of your original credit card agreement. How you were signed up for PPI may make it easy for you to claim back the money. Sometimes, the tick box is pre-signed, requires you to tick to opt out, has confusing wording, was pre-ticked for you. That will give you some ammunition.

Use the Data Protection Act to file a SAR to get a copy of all your statements. Then you can estimate how much money you are due back. It's not just the PPI payments themselves, but the compound interest, plus the interest on that money if it were placed in a savings account. Something like 10% of every unpaid balance for every month. There are spreadsheets here to help do these calculations.

Send a request to the bank for the refund. Remember to use always use recorded delivery with banks, as they could just pretend never to have received it. If they respond with a refusal, then you take your letter, their "final response" letter, the spreadsheets, and make a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman through some downloadable forms on their website. They might take 12 weeks to respond, but you will receive progress letters every six weeks.

The goal is keep the momentum up. There is always something else you can do.