problems with mobile phone co orange,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

it happened on a regular basis with me, i damn near smashed my van to bits on one occasion, i got that frustrated. because with orange you have to enter the phone number before you speak to anyone im sure they used to see me on their screen and just cut me off!im on contract as i run my own business, it would be a nightmare having to top up constantly etc. im popping my letter in the post tomorrow politely asking to be compensated. they prob wont reply as per! i saw somewhere on your thread you mention john peters case he took 02 to court, similar to my case. i found that story also but no conclusion. did you have any joy with that??

Did I? I cant remember. Can you find it and give me the page number please. Sounds bit cheeky but that thread is massively long lol and you have read it recently :p

Topup £25 you get 1500mins which is more than enough, no?

I went all the way to court to seek compensation for "damage to creditworthiness" against HSBC. I lost unfortunately.

Googled it now, and the only thing that comes is http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1053354/Family-faces-losing-home-credit-rating-blunder-mobile-phone-firm.html

And that really is what I found at the time and even so now as well.

I went all the way to court to seek compensation for "damage to creditworthiness" against HSBC. I lost unfortunately.

thats the most similar case to mine i have found, i also applied to my bank for a business overdraft after a bad debt from a customer! i lost £7k on a job and was then refused an overdraft due to not passing credit scoring!!!

Also I woudln't go to to FOS or any other regulatory body they dont do much not in the sense of compensation anyway.

mobile phone companies aren't regulated by them, they're regulated by ofcom, it also doesn't fall under the consumer credit act either apparently. i think its a completely different set of rules from your case. i wasn't planning on going to ofcom, my complaint with the company is dealt with now so its just a case of seeking compensation in relation to that. im sick and tired of orange now so if i get no joy from my letter im sending tomorrow ill just file the case in small claims. that sounds a little tricky though after reading your thread.

i did however take an employer to tribunal about 6 years ago and the process seems fairly similar with regard to filing things on time etc so ive had a little practice with that side of things. he settled before the hearing and i got more than i originally asked for!!

hi guys, does anyone have good knowledge about Subject Access Requests??? Orange are telling me that my SAR is now complete even though there is no billing information, no correspondence stating that i owed any money, no letter before default (i know they aren't required to do so by law but would be fair to have sent 1), i have more copies of email correspondence than they have sent in SAR. i just feel that when i ask for complete disclosure that i should be sent more than i already had myself??? any help would be appreciated guys

Employers might work differently than companies who are corrupt and want to save every penny.

I dont have knowledge of SAR but folks on here do.

For the small claims it aint that complicated. You issue your proceedings via MCOL online. The defendants have a time period to reply by on what they wish to do. For me it was they will defend the whole claim. Then both parties have to fill out an Allocation Questionnaire. The defendants will also be asked to file a defence at this stage. The case is then given a date.

Mine took longer and seems more complicated because I re-served my particulars which I amended. So these had to be approved by the District Judge, then sent back to me, which I then had to send to HSBC who then replied on what they wish to do - again defend the claim and previous defence will remain in force.

So, after all that (for me anyway) I was issued a date for the hearing in Dec 2012 (4 months after all that). October and September and a week of August should really be shaved off the time scale generally if that makes sense.

No, I thought I wrote it confusingly, what I meant was in December my court date was allocated - they wrote to me on 03/Dec/12 saying you got a date for 27th Feb.

So if you take out the 2months for amendments of particular, that should have been in October. So my hearing would have been in Dec/Jan!

I thought there was a cosy chat in October, but there was a mix up on the courts behalf on dates, and then it got back on track.

Possibly. However, you got to bare in mind the courts are busy with other cases (there must be a case of priority as well as first come first serve as well?). So as your in Birminigham, as its a bigger city than Nottingham, I would guess the court over there will be busier than Nottingham.

When you issue proceedings via MCOL online, it will start off with HM Northampton as that's where all small claims begin and then are re-allocated to your nearest court (mine was re-allocated once my amended particulars were approved, it was part of the directions. This is where the bit of mixup of dates happened in October as well in my case!)

When did you send the complain to ICO?

Hi noddy, I haven't yet, I sent orange an lba last week and spoke to the ico about the issues I've had. They said it would be something they would be more than happy to look at but they have quite a back log of complaints so could take some time. They were very helpful but before I send a complaint I wanted to be sure I'm right.