Merit Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok thanh you!!

Get the letter away to Merit Finance ASAP, there is most definitely some thing amiss here that needs explanation.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am quite aware brig that in posts 11 & 12 that it was established Merit Finance was the company someonenew was paying and the fact that it was not Meritforce, my post never questioned that fact so therefore why even bring that issue up in your reply If it was not intended to try and belittle or pick holes in my post when the issue in question that I WAS referring to in my post was the fact that in someonenews first post he seemed to think that Meritforce were in someway connected to Merit Finance which you probably would considering they both had the same first name, all I was doing was making someonenew aware that they have no connection whatsoever and are two completely separate companies that's all (made sense to me)

Tinks

And it is 12 "working days" :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

12+ 2 working days so weekends are not included nor are bank hols.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Account in dispute/failure to comply with CCA request.

Simple letter by recorded delivery to the compliance manager.

Yes this lot are not up to Janet and John Book 1 yet.

To the Compliance Manager

Ref: use theirs.

Sir,

I am in receipt of the ''statement '' of account, this does not satisfy my section 77/78 request made under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, therefore this matter is formally in dispute.

recorded delivery.

Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

You have failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account. On **DATE** I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the alleged account under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.78). A copy of which is enclosed for your perusal and ease of reference.

You have failed to comply with my request, and as such the account entered default on **DATE**.

(date = 12+2 days after you sent the CCA request - delete this text)

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement that contains the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both your company and myself as defined in s.61(1) of the CCA(1974) and subsequent Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document. In addition a full statement of this account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account.

Furthermore; you should be aware that the Consumer Credit Act allows 12 (+2) days for a request for a true copy of a credit agreement to be carried out before your client enters into a default situation. This limit has expired

As you are no doubt aware s.77(6) states:

"If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1)(a) He is not entitled , while the default continues, to enforce the agreement. Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law"

As you have Failed to comply with a lawful request for a true, signed copy of the said agreement and other relevant documents mentioned in it, failed to send a full statement of the account and failed to provide any of the documentation requested, any legal action you pursue will be averred as both unlawful & vexatious. Furthermore I shall counterclaim that any such action constitutes unlawful harassment.

Please note you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice under s.10 of the Data Protection Act (1998) to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect. This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies.

Should you refuse to comply, you must within 30 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data. It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’; You must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends. Should you not respond within 30 days I expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY action against an account whilst it remains in dispute. The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit. You have 30 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint. I therefore request a copy of your official complaints procedure which you are obliged to supply.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter and look forward to hearing from you, in writing within 30 days.

Yours faithfully

Found this on another site, with a bit of editing to my situation I'll use this unless its out of date. Only sending after the 12+2 has expired just in case anything shows up after.

It's not necessary to send all that, they have seen all this before and some of it is now redundant.

• 2 weeks later...

Received a letter from Merit Finance today containing the following

Dear Mr Someonenew,

Please note that on the 30th November 2012 your account was assigned to TBI Financial Services LTD, 1st Floor Robert Cort Bldg, Elgar Rd South, Reading, Berks RG2 0DL.

You would have received a Notice Of Assignment from them.

As they had my previous address at the time this may well have been the case but they stated the previous address they were sending correspondence to as my parents, who AFAIK have received nothing. A quick google of TBI brings up nothing but forum posts about them in the same way as Merit Finance seem to act.

Any advice is appreciated

I believe they are doorsteppers, collection agents.

Wait and see I guess.

• 1 month later...

Ok, received a letter today from TBI Financial Services in Reading stating

We are writing to inform you that, by an agreement dated xx November 2012, Merit Finance Ltd sold and assigned all of its rights , title and interest in, to and under, italia , your above agreement and any related security to TBI Financial Services ltd

Then goes on to say all payments due to them and that they have enclosed a payment form etc, etc.

Should I send them a CCA request the same as Merit?

Thanks

May or may not be of interest but the new reference/account number they provided is oddly similar (as in incorporates) the old account number from Merit. Hmmm.... :faint:

Just been doctored no imagination this lot:madgrin:

time to stop letter tennis?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you have had a 6 clear year period without any payment to a debt and or no wriiten acknowledgment has been made the debt it statute barred.

If a debt was already statute barred when you began payments then the debt is still statute barred and all payments are treated as gifted and cannot be claimed back, payments in this case can be stopped immediately.