parking ticket in residential. zone whilst working at a friends house

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

was round a friends house

parked right outside the property with a sign displayed reading what number house I was working in.

i got this ticket at 5 minutes to 5 on Sunday night.

its a local council in small town and I would have thought as they dont charge on sundays for basic parking why would there be a parking attendant roaminhg the streets at that time. first thoughts are that a disgruntled person living in the street reportef the issue as maybe nowhere to park for them. Anyway, im sure I havegood grounds for appeal but what bugs me is the time I got the ticket.

any wise words on this

Eggy12

Not sure about the first Mike, guess she does not have any understanding either, just text her and she says never heard of them, anyway the reason I put my note in van is because ive done alot of work at hers and the others in the street. On numerous occassions ive seen the wardens and was advised by themselves that I need to put a note in van window so they can knock on door to make sure im there and not just parking there. There own words so ive done that many times with a few knocks at the door just to make sure with no problem!

Not sure about the first Mike, guess she does not have any understanding either, just text her and she says never heard of them, anyway the reason I put my note in van is because ive done alot of work at hers and the others in the street.
Seems extraordinary that neither she nor other residents were aware of the restrictions in their street.

On numerous occassions ive seen the wardens and was advised by themselves that I need to put a note in van window so they can knock on door to make sure im there and not just parking there. There own words so ive done that many times with a few knocks at the door just to make sure with no problem!

Then you've been very lucky up to now. It's not the CEO's job to go knocking on doors. Working at a resident's house does not absolve you from adhering to any parking restrictions.

What's the exact location?

No need for locations as there are clear signs stating res only parking, im just going with being a sole trader working in the property that they told me to keep a note in van window to check, guess some of them do use common sense I guess

Suppose I just have to appeal stating facts

Thanks and merry new year to you all

You could state that you were loading or unloading. I'm sure that there are considerations for trade vehicles in resident only areas but probably varies from area to area. Have a look at the guidelines published on the web for local authorities under the Traffic Management Act. Different rules in London