JSA Stopped i think.

yesitsme
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Even though I'm working now, my job seekers agreement was to look on the jobseekers direct website at least 10 times each week as well as other job sites and to contact 4 companies each week. I was told that if you look on a job website even though there was suitable or not suitable vacancies this would be classed as one search whether you applied for a job or not. I guess it depends on whether you have internet access etc.

Lilly_Monroe, the Jobseekers agreements are supposed to be agreed based on the persons circumstances, so type of work they are looking for (there are some jobs which are more readily advertised than others), if they are really job ready or if further support is needed.

If you don't agree the JSAg you are allowed to say so and dispute the JSAg stating what you believe is reasonable in your circumstances the two jobseekers agreements are then referred to DMA to determine if the proposed JSAgs are acceptable under the JSA regulations but you can only dispute a new JSAg not an existing one and you will have payments suspended until DMA make a decision.

Thanks, did not know that.

just a small update to my plight. just had some info from the job centre the reason my money was stopped is that the advisor thought that i did not make a big enough effort to find work. i then told them what i had done. they then told me to write in and appeal. and by what he can assume is that i should be ok. i told him about the girl not giving me a new job search sheet and that i must do it online . he then said she was wrong to do this and he will send one to me. he also stated that it is not mandatory to use the universal jobsearch just yet. so thanks to everyone that has helped.

It's gonna get worse shortly ....... you will have to demonstrate, no less than 35hours, of job search

The scheme, will be introduced, on a drip feed, over the coming months!!

How on earth can anyone spend that amount of time - there are not enough jobs out there.

Also what staff have got the time to check all of this.

Usually its a quick glance, some times more in depth - but no where enough time to check 35 hours worth.

Its only a matter of time before UJM becomes compulsory. Maybe you'll have to have been logged in for those 35 hours.

I've noticed there are a lot of jobs on UJM/direct.gov now you can't get the contact details for unless you are logged in - and the Job reference numbers have gone too. Its no wonder JC staff aren't going to believe some 'looking for work' entries. You could put anything in there. (i've thought about it...lol) At least with a job reference number you had some credibility.

I'm supposed to be applying for 5 jobs a week and writing to 10 'employers' on spec per week. When an 'adviser' said this would be on the JSAg I told him I could only apply for jobs that are actually there so if 5 are available (or more), I WILL apply. As for writing to 10 employers on spec...' don't be so f@#king stupid' (my exact words..lol)

'What exactly can you do for 35 hours a week?'

Ooh I know.

Make up a flask and a hamper, get a Yellow pages, and go make yourself comfortable at a Job Centre phone point. Start at the letter A and ring around on spec. The proof will be on their cameras.

Daft idea I know....but if we all did it ;-)