Private let and responsibilities after tenancy ceased

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nipper, OP was in occupation for 3 yrs not 5. It is advisable for check=out to occur om last day of T, after Ts contents have been removed, or as soon as pratical after move-out and before any contractors enter. Whilst it may be a good idea to invite ex T to attend, I do not think they have any 'right' to do so.

OP can suggest a reasonable sum for 'damage' as willing to negotiate. £200 seems reasonable start if carperts & paint was new to begin, with expected life of 5yrs, wear & tear allowance would be 3/5 or 60% of cost (£600)

Nipper, OP was in occupation for 3 yrs not 5. It is advisable for check=out to occur om last day of T, after Ts contents have been removed, or as soon as pratical after move-out and before any contractors enter. Whilst it may be a good idea to invite ex T to attend, I do not think they have any 'right' to do so.

OP can suggest a reasonable sum for 'damage' as willing to negotiate. £200 seems reasonable start if carperts & paint was new to begin, with expected life of 5yrs, wear & tear allowance would be 3/5 or 60% of cost (£600)

I believe you will find that the tenant has every right to be at the check out the DPS does take this into account at times. The agents must make all reasonable efforts to facilitate the tenant. If the landlord or agent send contractors in before the check out has been carried out then the tenant has the right to dispute the dilapidations, as then there is no proof that the tenants caused them.

I apologies I missed that the tenant had been in the property for 3 yrs, then the LL has to take this into consideration, and even less deposit should be held, as they have been in the property longer. All things are taken into consideration when working out FWT, such as children, pets, working tenants, unemployed. Children, pets cause further damage. And non working tenants are deemed to have more wear on the property that working tenants.

Ou may feel this rather petty, but these can and are taken into consideration by the arbitrator. There are no set amounts, it is down to the individual arbitrator to access the case. And this can be very different from 1 to another.

My advise is deal with the DPS, keep to the time scale they give you for submitting any evidence. The LL will have to supply invoices for any work he carries out to them