parking ticket action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya guys im sure my ticket was unlawful as i said it only had the word date printed on it then the date was wrote in but what do i do now write to the councli????? help please

hi i posted you the link earlier here it is again. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/5232-your-parking-ticket-may.html?highlight=parking+ticket :D

Dear Sir,

Re:PCN xxxxxxx Vehicle: xxxxx

I question the validity of the PCN as the PCN in question does not have the "Date of Issue" clearly marked as per the instructions of Section 66 (3) Road Traffic Act 1991 and does not adhere to the standards demonstrated clearly by the DoT model ticket.

I refer you to the judicial review Moses v Barnet Council in the High Court on August2nd 2006. This test case decision by Mr. Justice Jackson ruled that Barnet's parking tickets were invalid as they did not have two dates on them, one a date of contravention and the other a date of issue. He also said that any parking ticket needs those two dates to be valid

Therefore, I would be grateful if you would cancel the enclosed PCN.

Yours sincerely,

• Haha 1