Big Fight With NAT WEST ***WON***

Deller
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If they say that they don't do this or have nver done this feel free to quote my details - I am off to sunny/rainy madrid for weekend so if you want details let me know.

Thanks Giz, that would be great if I could quote your details, anything to back up my arguement. I'm rather looking forward to this, the CAG site really gets you in the mood for these sort of things.

(You can pm me the details).

Have a nice time in the sun :) , alright for some, perhaps I'll treat myself once Nat West have paid out!!:rolleyes:

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Giz, that would be great if I could quote your details, anything to back up my arguement. I'm rather looking forward to this, the CAG site really gets you in the mood for these sort of things.

(You can pm me the details).

Have a nice time in the sun :) , alright for some, perhaps I'll treat myself once Nat West have paid out!!:rolleyes:

If I wait for a full payout - I'll be too ld and infrim ot travel by air.

Madrid -£38 return from Bristol

5* Hotel in Central Madrid inc brekfast £205 for 3 nights -

£281 forthe two of us. ...............Surely Cobbetts can stretch to that:rolleyes:

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

If I wait for a full payout - I'll be too ld and infrim ot travel by air.

Madrid -£38 return from Bristol

5* Hotel in Central Madrid inc brekfast £205 for 3 nights -

£281 forthe two of us. ...............Surely Cobbetts can stretch to that:rolleyes:

Sounds pretty good to me. You could probably do with a break, the hours you spend on here, saying that you'll probably end up in some internet cafe checking out the progress! :p

It does say you have to open and maintain an account with them fair enough - but it doesnt say the loan repayment have to come out of this account!

Actually allysia, it says the bank may require you to open an account. That would presumably need some sort of notice in writing.

deller, I may be being silly here but I thought the idea of a parachute account was in case the bank closes your account. To my way of thinking that would mean leaving the new account on the back burner in case the bank close your original account. If you intend to switch anyway, why not just close the account? I know it would likely still cause the same problem with Natwest but if they've never told you you have to have an account they can't really do much.

Just my HO.

Sounds pretty good to me. You could probably do with a break, the hours you spend on here, saying that you'll probably end up in some internet cafe checking out the progress! :p

No - going with estranged husband - says I think more of PC than him - :rolleyes:

At least heunderstands something about me :)

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi Martin it acutally states "if the Bank requires" and in Dellar's case, it did require it hence why Dellar ALREADY had an account opened with the Bank. So for Dellar to close the account could be seen as breaching the T & C.

However, for clarification it doesnt state anywhere above that the payment have to made from said account.

So I would use my Parachute account as my main account and to set up the Direct debit payment for the loan, that way if they did want toget funny you can clearly evidence that you have not breached any of your T & Cs.

Trust me the things my judge pulled out of his little file of tricks to ask me Im so glad I went prepared and had everybase covered!!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

Actually allysia, it says the bank may require you to open an account. That would presumably need some sort of notice in writing.

deller, I may be being silly here but I thought the idea of a parachute account was in case the bank closes your account. To my way of thinking that would mean leaving the new account on the back burner in case the bank close your original account. If you intend to switch anyway, why not just close the account? I know it would likely still cause the same problem with NatWest but if they've never told you you have to have an account they can't really do much.

Just my HO.

That's the problem - they won't let him close account.

Threaten to sue em as well - for trying to monopolise your banking activities - point out they are getting paid by SO from another bank and that shoul be enought ot fulfill their loan repayment requirements - they'll look pretty silly i ncourt saying wel lthe repayments are up to date but we are unhappy because it didn't come from an account maintained within our business!

Don't do DD from new account - gives em too much control - SO.

Good Luck

Guest Battleaxe

Reading this thread certainly helps expand my knowledge. I felt so confident this morning dealing with Black Horse. reading everyone else's twists of fate just gives me more confidence to tackle these problems. I never had faint heart before. Just now have a more solid knowledge base.

This thread has become the 'Snopes' of dealing with NatWest.

Smiles to everyone.

Allyxia (sorry for spelling it wrong in the last post):

Unless I've missed something, or you know something which hasn't been posted, I don't think deller has said that the bank ever said they required him to open and maintain an account. The fact that he did so voluntarily, possibly because he already had the account, is not the same.

However, I appreciate everything else you and gizmo say.

I would agree with you about setting up a standing order. They can't stop that being paid then and can hardly do anything about it in law, since there is no breach of T & C, particularly if the Natwest account is kept open and empty. Presumably the definition of maintaining an account is merely keeping it open, not actually cycling any money through it.

The other thing, I suppose, would be to keep the DD on the Natwest account and transfer the exact amount into it each month from the new account. Depends whether you want a quiet life or fancy a showdown over principle, I imagine.

Allyxia (sorry for spelling it wrong in the last post):

Unless I've missed something, or you know something which hasn't been posted, I don't think deller has said that the bank ever said they required him to open and maintain an account. The fact that he did so voluntarily, possibly because he already had the account, is not the same.

However, I appreciate everything else you and gizmo say.

I would agree with you about setting up a standing order. They can't stop that being paid then and can hardly do anything about it in law, since there is no breach of T & C, particularly if the NatWest account is kept open and empty. Presumably the definition of maintaining an account is merely keeping it open, not actually cycling any money through it.

The other thing, I suppose, would be to keep the DD on the Natwest account and transfer the exact amount into it each month from the new account. Depends whether you want a quiet life or fancy a showdown over principle, I imagine.

Natwest take DD's and other payments out on a Saturday if it is due on monday - if this missed Dellahs new SO into there then he will be charged prob twice - once for returned DD and once for late paying.

It is not in the terms and conditions - they clearly told me it was their preferred method of payment - if they wanted to take it further then they would look pretty silly in front of a judge trying to monopolise a member of publics choice where to bank when they are up to date with repayments.

• Haha 1

Martin - Whether dellar had a bank account which they opened voluntary before starting the loan or they were asked to open the account once the loan started is in martiaral. When dellar drew down the loan they signed up for the Loans T & C, which states if required you must open and maintain an account with that bank. This is a standard T & C with most if not all high street bank loans.

The fact Dellar already had an account meant that they were not required to open another account.

As giz states the problem is the bank wont let dellar close the account so what we have both suggested is dellar keep the account open albeit dormant and just arrange for funds to be paid from a different account.

Its splitting hair and unfair from the bank yes - but lets face it the whole issue of unlawful charges also stinks thats why we are here.

Personally I think if it ever did get a courtof law a judge would look at the T & C and assume that the loan had been given on the basis you already had an account with the bank and therefore met that part of the T & C critia and by closing the account whilst the loan agreement is in place is a breach of those Conditions.

Why risk it when there are bigger fish to fry here!!!

• Haha 1

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

I never realised this would turn into such a debate, but a very fruitful one may I say.

I opened the parachute account because it was the right, and obvious thing to do before filing a claim against my bank. I felt it was also right to transfer any account activity over to this new account otherwise I'd be in a right mess had NW closed my account. As everything is now transfered it makes sense to me to keep this as my main account, I will happily leave my NW account open if that's all thats required under the T and C's of loan agreement, but I don't see why there should be any activity from this account.

The points raised in the last few posts will certainly help me with my arguement, thanks to all of you!!

Just a quick thought, when I go into my NW branch tomorrow I'm going to cancel my Adv Gold subscription, don't really know why I havn't done it sooner. Could this have any bearing on the loan situation seeing as though it enabled me to get a prefered interest rate. There is nothing in the T and C's that should bind me to keeping the Adv Gold and don't really want to be wasting £12 a month on an inactive account!!

As pre your Post 239 above that exactally what I was getting at!!! keep you NW AC open (aye and stop that Gold thingy whilst you are there save £12 - thats a few beers - Cripes back on the booze wagan agin), but dont use it - use your para account for all your current banking needs.

That way there can be no uncertaincy regarding you keeping your side of the T & Cs!

I know it seems pointless but hey lets not give them anything else to send the cobblers comic at us for eh!!!!

For the sake that you have already done everything that I would have advised or have done in your situation, there is no extra work for you to do, so just sit back and wait for the next round of palaver from them!!!!

LMAO

Allyxia

This is all really helpful. Good luck at your branch tomorrow Deller - will be interested to hear how it goes.

a

Don't worry, I'll be posting the outcome here as soon as I can, hopefully a successful one!! :rolleyes:

Deller,

I can confirm (bring in the same situation as you recently) that I cancelled my Advantage Gold ("rip off") account bout 6 months ago, after the loan has started, and the interest rate of the loan has remained the same....

Innocent :)

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

Deller,

I can confirm (bring in the same situation as you recently) that I cancelled my Advantage Gold ("rip off") account bout 6 months ago, after the loan has started, and the interest rate of the loan has remained the same....

Innocent :)

Great stuff, had a sudden thought that the interest might bump up!! :eek:

Well atleast this purts your mind at rest dellar!!!

So lets start the bidding.

I rate 10/1 cheque tomoro?

your go? (yes its that time of the week again!!! - same question same people different thread) Shame mystic gizz aint here to slip her 2 pennies worth in!!!

Allyxia

Well atleast this purts your mind at rest dellar!!!

So lets start the bidding.

I rate 10/1 cheque tomoro?

your go? (yes its that time of the week again!!! - same question same people different thread) Shame mystic gizz aint here to slip her 2 pennies worth in!!!

I'm not too hopeful of mine Ally, its just been one of those weeks.......more like 50/1 in my case.

I hold great hope of yours being there 2morrow though, 8/1. :rolleyes:

you think My luck has certainly been inthis week but I think more likely next week!!

And I think me and you will get ours same day!

Allyxia

you think My luck has certainly been inthis week but I think more likely next week!!

And I think me and you will get ours same day!

You've had so much luck this week I'd even drop the odds to 5/1, next week would suit me fine though!! Saying that, any time this side of Xmas will do, although there's bound to be an issue of the unreturned court fees......there usually is!

Guest Battleaxe

My crystal is foggy and will not tell if Deller and Allyxia will get there checks..are the fog is clearing what is this I am seeing as the mists are parting, was that a reindeer and a sleigh? I can't quite make it out.