Moon Beever - Should I worry??

nometer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I hope someone could offer a bit of help.

I had an old back credit card debt that is about 12 months from being statue barred. Its for just under 2k.

Many years ago I send a CCA request to the OC bank and never received a CCA so placed the account in dispute. This account got passed around several DCA working on the OC behalf, each one I seen off telling them that the account was in dispute. One DCA even confirmed that the original credit agreement never existed.

No here is where my trouble starts the account was sold about 3 months ago to 1st Credit, I never responded to any of there requests, this account then got passed onto caughnuts who I think are the same company as 1st credit, I too ignored these. But today I got a letter stating that the account was being passed to Moon Beever, I’m not sure who these people are. All I can find on the web is the deal with insolvency.

Does anyone know this company and anyone any ideas how I can deal with this?

Many thanks

MB also deal with normal debt collection. Wait for them to write to you and then make a CCA request and advise them of previous disputes in regard to the account.

When did you take out the credit card with the OC ?

How did you apply for it ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the reply.

I took out the credit card in 2001, it was in the branch when I was having an account review.

It's strange how the account has been passed to moon beever of 1st credit have brought the debt. The letter states that I should only communicate with moon beever from now on.

I don't seem to be able to find any threads about them, only ones where they deal with bankruptcy

I think 1st credit have many outside companies that handle debts for them, as I doubt that one company could handle the volume.

Remember that before they can look at bankruptcy, they have to issue a statutory demand and you will have 18 days to set that aside, which will be fairly easy if you have had disputes with the debt, the CCA does not exist etc. Once set aside, they are then looking at a normal court claim and for a credit card taken out in 2001, they would need the original CCA or a copy of it. If they can't produce it, then they probably would not succeed. But having said that, it would depend on judge lottery and solicitors acting for DCA's can be pretty slippery.

See what happens and post back.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...