Container Shipping Company - useless

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, not sure where this should be in subforums so posted here, i'm sure a mod will move it if required ;)

I've emigrated and before I did, i have had a company come in and pack the contents of my house up and put it in storage. I then realised I am going to be abroad for a long time and started looking into shipping it.

It was at this point i came across hundreds of REALLY bad reviews, by far and away make Pickfords etc look good!, for this X company. Anyway, I decided to stick with them as they came in quite cheap and they were going to charge a fortune for another company to collect my stuff.

I paid them the shipping contract about a month ago and now, when we ring to chase (as it should have shipped by now), all we get is "I'm afraid transport can't talk right now" or we get "We'll call you back"... a solid wall. We have no idea when or if our stuff will be shipped and in the meantime they are charging us £200 a month storage!

I can't get stroppy and say"I'm no longer paying storage as its your delay" as they will dump my stuff on the street!I am also worried that when they ship, they won't tell me and it may sit in customs storage here collecting huge fees. How can I force them in to action and also force them to be prompt in telling me my shipping is here? Any ideas? Of course, factor in that i'm also living in the middle east and so I can't just pop round to the offices I know SOGA very well but I fear this is more Supply and Services?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Conniff

Sorry about paragraphs. I submitted with PGs and then also edited to put them back in but the forum/browser keeps removing carriage returns. EDIT: Also tried Firefox and IE.... dunno whats going on with that!

Edited by StuzaTheGreat

Hello there.

There is a glitch with the site that can lose paragraphs. I use Firefox and don't have the problem, but I know it happens with iphones and the like. What kit are you using please?

My best, HB

Oddly, paragraphs are back, in BOTH browsers! Anyway, Windows 7 Professional with IE 8 and Firefox 11