natwest formal notice of intention to file a default! HELP!!

leanne1892
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks, ill keep them both as seperate dealings.

what is the best course of action as stated i am not currently in a positon to offer a repayment yet as unsure of my income until all benefits/wages have been sorted which will be weeks/months as need at least two wage slips as paid monthly etc, yet i really need to start getting these all sorted, is there a letter i could send requesting they hold off any further action until i am in a better position to make an offer?

I also need to make offers to other debts so it wont be that much, is there a ball park amount that is seen as satisfactory as they stated in there letter a satisfactory proposal needs to be received.

Thanks for all your help.

tough its your money YOU call the shots

IMHO if all you banking it with them

you need to get you benefits paid to an account tht has NOWT to do with tem

open a parachute account with the co-op.

that way YOU control YOUR money.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX, i no longer bank with the natwest so all funding is under my control just not yet had my new award notice for tax credits or housing benefit as just changed jobs so i am not sure what my actual income is as they have not made there new calcualtions so dont know how to proceed just yet but there saying i need to sort this by 20th March or court proceedings may be issued, but theres no way i can fill out a budget planner without knowing my income so cant make an offer

???

thanks for all the replies.

you dont HAVE to do any budget planners

you dont HAVE to abide by ANY of their time lines

read the letters carefully the word may/might.if.could

never will....

are you going this alone

or have you used say NDL or payplan etc yet

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, i was only going to use the budget planner for myself to make an informed offer to them but at the moment i don't know what i can or cant afford, if i don't have to sing to there timescales then they can wait and i will review it once all my money is back on track. I was in a iva but that failed due to payments being 200+ i couldn't keep on top of it now im going alone but what is ndl or payplan? Thank you so much for your advice

national dent line

payplan

stepchange

all free debt management providers

NDL are very good we have them here helping as a rep on cag.

are some of these debts quite old?

you've got 'some' sar data i see

you certainly p'haps need to look at PENALTY charges & PPI reclaiming.

there is nothing to stop you writing to ALL your creditors en-mass and stating

that you are in severe financial haedship due toXYZ [basic info only]

as it stands you are awaiting ABC to resolve itself

and you will be in contact as soon as it does.

it the meantime to assist you

as they must

could they please refrain from PENALTY charges & interest freezing etc etc

as a gesture of goodwill

dx

and they

thanks i will look them up...

Ive got sar details for me natwest debts (minus credit card details) no charges have been applied and no interest is being added just now need to get meself sorted finacially and start reducing the debt.

Santander Credit Card now with Drydensfairfax have yet to return an agreement that was acknowledged back in August so I assume they havnt got it as they have made no further contact.

Capital one credit card now with Fredrickson International, they completed the CCA request but not had any further correspomdance since Jan 20th 2013

Few others have only now got intouch so going to send them CCA requests and take it from there with them.

I will action a letter stating where I am upto and what I am awaiting and see what the results are, from what I can tell none of the accounts have any interest or charges being added. (In your opinion with some not making any contact for a a while would it be best to let them lie for now or send them the letter also?)

I really need to get ahold of these accounts and get something in place so thanks for everything.

if some debts are not being pushed

or all you are getting is std templated threat-o-grams

it doesn't hurt to leave them along whilst things get inplace.

though ofcourse it doesn't hurt either to tell the OC [never write to a DCA]

of your issues.

this is one of the times a crap CRA file with loads of defaulted debts works in your favour.

anyone can see you must be in trouble and fall into the cant pay rather than wont pay boxes.

dx

and they

Thank you, my CRA is awful so i suppose like you say that can work in my favor, i hope that once my benefits are recalcualted i will be in slightly better position so can try start repaying, is there a way in which i would prioritise debts i.e. highest amount first? all the debts are either credit cards, store cards, loan (non secured) or would i simply offer them each the same amount? my debt with natwest is 17k (loan and 2 overdrafts) so is the biggest of them all and the most worrying one.

Thanks.

Your priority out goings are those YOU NEED/MUST PAY to live Rent/food/taxes etc., a ''personal I&E statement is a good idea for you to see how much or how little you can afford to pay on unsecured debts.

DX is spot on all the way!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks all, Ive completed a letter advising Natwest of my current position and requested for 6-8 weeks as a timescale to get my ingoing's sorted and benefits recalculated etc, do I send this also to the solicitor or capquest or JUST natwest? :)

Edited by leanne1892

I would suggest sending to all parties so no one can complain!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Your thanks I am sure are much appreciated by all who contributed to your thread!!!

• 2 months later...

Help required,

I sent the letter requesting some time to gather my ingoings (as of yet my income is not confirmed still awaiting recalculation using my MAY wage slip)

and also expressed that once again my dealings be done in only writing,

I have had triton call me on numerous occassions so I wrote once more raised a complaint about the calls and also the missing data details. A letter received back from natwest reads ' I am unable to agree with your request to remove your number from our/or Triton records'

I was under the impression that If I requested removal it had to be done is this not correct,

the calls have started to become more regular and are making me hide away from my debts rather than tackle them,

I had a missed call and stupidly called it back to find it to be 'Trition' I got a very horrible customer service agent who when I asked for my number to be deleted

he said no and that they have every right to contact me as I should of paid by debts,

this type of talk is what scares me but also makes me angry and shy away from my debts as I dont wish to deal with ppl like this,

I ended up speaking with his manager who seemed really nice and went on to say she will delete my number (no calls so far)

and that they will hold my account for 28 days to allow me time to make my offer but not sure if the number is held eleswhere within Natwest.

Also I now have that many accounts with numerous people I have honestly lost track,

I aim to try get payment plans in place but when i take two steps forward I then come 5 steps back

and I have got myself completely lost,

I know Natwest have 5 debts for me (2 credit cards, 2 over drafts and 1 loan)

but not got any idea who is managing which account,

can i ask for the accounts to be together as think capquest, triton and natwest have them shared between them.

Sorry for all the info, any help will be greatly appreciated (need to really start tackling this)

make a loose leaf folder for each debt

put the letters you get in time order in the right folder.

YOU are in control here NOT THEM!!!

its YOUR MONEY.

can you spend 5mins to get your CRA file?

that will be your best tool to focus you.

dx

and they