Monsoon & Lowell and now Scotcall

kat1212
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm really hoping that someone can help.

Last November 2011 I received a letter from Lowell group, via my mother in laws address. They say I have an oustanding balance of £197 from an account card with Monsoon. That a CCJ has been registered against me and that I must pay the outstanding balance.

I contacted them, and explained that while I did once have a Monsoon card, I made my last payment (in full, as I did every month) when I moved from Somerset to Sussex in 2008.

I moved to France in 2010, and had received no statements from Monsoon, (we had redirected mail) from 2008 onwards.

They suggested I contact Monsoon. Which I did. They tell me that the debt had been sold to one company and now Lowell. I asked for copies of my statements as I disputed the debt. I was told that they were no longer held on file and would take up to 5 weeks to be produced. 5 weeks later I called back. They said it can take up to 6months to check the archives!!

In the meantime I sent a letter to the bulk order court who had registered the ccj against me. Disputing the debt and asking for it to be overturned, on account that I was out of the country and I had not received any communication from Monsoon.

This week my mother in law received some calls from Scotcall. I called them this morning and explained the situation. (the debt has been sold on to them). they tell me that someone from Lowells will get back to me.

Obviously, if I owe the money I will pay it. Although I was told not to pay by Lowells as it was in dispute.

Where do I stand? I have never heard back from Monsoon, Lowell (in writing) or the courts. I'm trying to deal with this from France and it's proving to be very difficult. Can anyone advise?

• 3 weeks later...

Thread moved.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert