problems with Harveys sofa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We purchased a sofa from harvey a fairmont corner sofa costing £1099, then paid £135 for 3 years accidental damage cover, and £59 for delivery!

It was ordered in june and delivered on the 04th September, we both work full time, so its sat on for 2 hours a night and not for much more at weekend, and it has gone so so out of shape it looks years old. A week after delivery this started so went to the store , cushions in hand and was told that it was definatly faulty as they one they had on display wasnt like it and had been there around a year, the store manager said he would get it sorted, a week later we went back again and was told head office need to deal with it and he would email AGAIN, and we have not heard anything, i have also sent a letter recorded delivery to them, and again nothing.

Whats my next step, i tried the bank as paid with visa debit to try and get a charge back, and they said unless we can prove its faulty, by an independant report they can not help.

have now emailed a few to get costs, I want it replaced filled correctly or a very substantial refund as i like my home to look nice and can see us replacing this within a year as its looking so scruffy.

I can see there are lots of people with harveys problems, just wondered if anyone else can help.

Oh and when we brought it we were told it was made in northern england, but infact its come from Poland, so unsure if this matters. xx

thanks all. xx :sad:

• 1 year later...

jjandbump,

Did you ever get your problem sorted ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello jjandbump . Sounds like you have the dreaded hollow fibre' filled cushions. I have posted this a few time's as I think this may the case.

I'm guessing the seat cushions the back cushions and arms are filled with hollow fibers same sort of stuff pillows are filled with pumped with air so when you see them on show or in pictures the sofas look big and chunky but after time with use the air is slowly squeezed out and you end up with cushions that look like flat baggy pan cakes.

I did get sorted I managed to get a refund of part the money and with this I got the cushions re-stuffed. Terrible though my mum and dad brought a 3 piece from laura Ashley and we have been complaining since day 6 following delivery now 1 year on it needs to be binned was £2k to! terrible quality

Harveys are AWFUL, never again. Same problem, bought a sofa which said it was foam and fibre filled, took MONTHS to be delivered and aftera week it looked like it was ancient. Took nearly a year of complaining to get a replacement (they denied it should have had foam, photos of display model with the label on it proved them wrong) eventually recieved a new one with foam, but only in the seat cusions, the back cusions look awful after only a few months..have given up complaining as they are useless, chalked it up to experience and now take every opportunity to tell everybody how terrible they are!