Rockwell Debt Collection Agency

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Mike. How on earth do I find out who actually owns the debt? Both Rockwell & Wescot say that they are acting on BEHALF of Lloyds TSB but I have my suspicions. I can't figure out why Lloyds TSB didn't attempt to recover a sum of this size themselves.

If they act on behalf, then lloyds owns the debt.

The reason they didnt recover it themselves is because the debt is inflated with bogus amounts, or they dont have the paperwork. SO to save face and admin costs, they let a lowlife DCA handle it. Note, rockwell are only used if the debt is fully unenforceable. They dont collect on good debts.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Welcome to the LTSB CRA merry-go-round. LTSb just sub out the collection when there is an issue. first time you see off the DCA it is merely passed back to LTSB and then LTSB select another DCA and so it goes on. I have lost count of the number ltsb have had come after me - must be 4 or 5. When a new one surfaces just write to them that the account is in dispute with some **** DCA and they will return to LTSB.

Not sure of timescale or number of dca LTSB will use before changing tactics - but for me now over two years. not had Rockwell so look forward to day I hear from them.

Intend

Renegadeimp, thanks. Are you saying that Rockwell are only ever used when the debt cannot be enforced? If so, then surely that' s an end to it?

Not 100% of the time, but 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time. If rockies has hold of the debt, then its almost guaranteed that its bad. It's your job to find out how it's a bad debt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Not 100% of the time, but 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time. If rockies has hold of the debt, then its almost guaranteed that its bad. It's your job to find out how it's a bad debt.

Thanks again Renegadeimp. Have you any suggestions as to how I might find out how it's a bad debt?

You'll first need to CCA the dca. This forces them to provide the paperwork that allows them to collect the debt. If they cant provide paperwork, then you throw the debt into serious dispute and forget about it. If they can provide paperwork, then your next step is to SAR the original creditor and get all the info they hold on you. Then its a case of scouring through the paperwork and checking every part to see why the debt is unenforceable.

It could be the debt has no paperwork, it might be chock full of unfair charges, it could be laden with PPI etc. Thats where the SAR is very very useful. Remember, to a DCA you are just a single line on a spreadsheet. They have no info on you, nor do they care. Thats why they always say "we have asked the creditor to supply paperwork and will place your file on hold". This is enough to make you laugh as you would have thought they would already have the paperwork in order to harass you for a debt ;)

DCA's rely on lies and misinformation and hope the debtor doesnt know what to do or their rights. When someone comes along who does know whats going on, it is very easy to show them up for what they are.

You'll first need to CCA the dca. This forces them to provide the paperwork that allows them to collect the debt. If they cant provide paperwork, then you throw the debt into serious dispute and forget about it. If they can provide paperwork, then your next step is to SAR the original creditor and get all the info they hold on you. Then its a case of scouring through the paperwork and checking every part to see why the debt is unenforceable.

It could be the debt has no paperwork, it might be chock full of unfair charges, it could be laden with PPI etc. Thats where the SAR is very very useful. Remember, to a DCA you are just a single line on a spreadsheet. They have no info on you, nor do they care. Thats why they always say "we have asked the creditor to supply paperwork and will place your file on hold". This is enough to make you laugh as you would have thought they would already have the paperwork in order to harass you for a debt ;)

DCA's rely on lies and misinformation and hope the debtor doesnt know what to do or their rights. When someone comes along who does know whats going on, it is very easy to show them up for what they are.

Many, many thanks. Sound advice...as always.

Or to mis quote Churchill. " There are lies, damn lies and DCA's"

What is meant by "CCA the DCA"? Does this mean that I should ask the DCA for some positive proof of assignment from LTSB that gives the DCA the authority to collect on LTSB's behalf? If this is in fact what you mean it is this very proof of assignment that I requested from Rockwell that made them give up and why I am now faced with demands from Wescot!

Edited by Sharps58
Additional script

CCa the DCA means send the DCA a request for proof of the CCA ( Consumer Credit Agreement). A CCA is used on all credit cards, loans etc.

The letter you need to send is http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter and make sure you edit it to suit your own info.

• 1 month later...

The debt appears to be bad because two of the remaining partners re-negotiated terms with the bank after my wife and I left the business in 2007. We know absolutely nothing about the matter and the bank of course know this to be the case.

Which is why rockwell have it. Nobody else would touch it.

Its doing the rounds of the lowest of the lowest of dcas.