Vodafone Mast Down since 2nd Sept - Still no service - What Options?

mr220
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've just found this site as a means to attempt to get some sense out of Vodafone on an issue that has been affecting the village where I live. The local mast has been down since 2nd Sept (2.5weeks ago!) and despite several contacts to Customer Services they have no idea when this fault will be resolved. The last CS chap advised, please bear with us but be aware some faults take months to fix! Not acceptable.

To add to this, the mast was down for 3weeks back in May/June of this year also, with severe disruption experienced yet again, which was again not acceptable when you are paying for a contract and not getting any service.

Vodafone listen to the frustrations but advise they cannot confirm when the mast will be repaired.

Our local village is fuming understandably and I wanted to see what options we had by way of early our terminating contract as I rely on my phone for work and it is now at a stage where I am being personally affected financially for missed temporary work from agencies that call between 7am-8.30am offering work...calls/txts of which I cannot receive unless I go to the next village to receive!

If anyone on here is from Vodafone, I have raised a case online #9905352

Regards,

Hi Mr220. Lee the vodafone Rep had replied to your thread but his post has been moved. Below is a copy of his reply to you yesterday.

Re: Vodafone Mast Down since 2nd Sept - Still no service - What Options?

Originally Posted by mr220

Hi, I've just found this site as a means to attempt to get some sense out of vodafone on an issue that has been affecting the village where I live. The local mast has been down since 2nd Sept (2.5weeks ago!) and despite several contacts to Customer Services they have no idea when this fault will be resolved. The last CS chap advised, please bear with us but be aware some faults take months to fix! Not acceptable.

To add to this, the mast was down for 3weeks back in May/June of this year also, with severe disruption experienced yet again, which was again not acceptable when you are paying for a contract and not getting any service.

vodafone listen to the frustrations but advise they cannot confirm when the mast will be repaired.

Our local village is fuming understandably and I wanted to see what options we had by way of early our terminating contract as I rely on my phone for work and it is now at a stage where I am being personally affected financially for missed temporary work from agencies that call between 7am-8.30am offering work...calls/txts of which I cannot receive unless I go to the next village to receive!

If anyone on here is from Vodafone, I have raised a case online #9905352

Regards,

Hi mr220,

I can appreciate your frustrations here and can assure you that our investigations into this matter remain ongoing.

Having checked our emails I can confirm that I've received yours and so I'll get in touch with you as soon as I can to discuss your concerns further.

In the event that anyone else is experiencing difficulties with our network I'd recommend following the guidance on our eForum here.

For everyone to have an update, I had a call from Lee at 5.20pm this afternoon and all I had was sympathy and standard Vodafone customer services call-script read to me.

NO detail provided behind the fault (mast has been hard down for 3weeks+)

NO detail provided on steps being taken to restore services and resolve fault

NO real appreciate of the inconvenience or offer of any early termination because of VF failure to provide service

The only credit is that Lee understood there was a problem, unlike many VF Customer Services reps who claim it is a problem with my handset (remove battery, clean sim etc), but nothing more offered than that.

I have some emails in writing and suggest contacting the Vodafone CEO Guy Laurence to highlight this further and the lack of any commitment/urgency from his Services and Operations teams to resolve an issue that is affecting 1000's in the CF64 area.

Search google for "guy laurence vodafone email" and submit an email online and back it up by sending a personal one to his email.