Life after Dismissal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon Everyone

It's been a while since I posted, I have been working very hard to secure work after being dismissed late last year, somebody did accept I needed a 2nd chance which was great however I am very keen on getting back into the corporate areana....

Has any body been successful gaining employment in places like banks, or big retail head offices for example? After being dismissed I mean for "gross misconduct"!!

I have settled out of court so have been gagged in terms of what I can talk about should they ask also....

I wonder if I should stop trying to get jobs in these places and settle for what I have, I am very greatful for the job I have now.

Hi, sorry to hear about your dismissal last year. Glad you have got yourself another job though. I was dismissed last week and have an appeal next week and if I get no satisfactory outcome I will go to court. I have already secured a new job with a large company but this was on recommendation of a friend and they did not require references. I am sure that they would have understood however if I had to explain what my 'gross misconduct' consisted of. Good luck in your search. (I worked for one of the largest companies in the world before?.

If you worked in a regulatory industry and your misconduct was such that it had to be disclosed (not withstanding any agreed reference) then no.

For example if you missold insurance, do not try and work in financial services again. For theft or fraud nothing to do with money. etc.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

It was gross misconduct but on the reference it does not state any further info then this so I'm lead to believe but in any case for IT misuse however I'm innocent !! Hence settling out of court for ET. I'd love to put this behind me and get back into one of these big companies. :-( doesn't look like I ever will ?