style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

But bailiff fees are not due to the council, they are due to the bailiffs. I doubt the council has any obligation to accept them, and I don't see the advantage of playing it that way.

In Council Tax any fees due should be paid to the Council who in turn pass them back to the Bailiff. Most Councils allow their Bailiffs to retain the fees when collected as the Bailiff is entitled to his fees from the beginning.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In Council Tax any fees due should be paid to the Council who in turn pass them back to the Bailiff. Most Councils allow their Bailiffs to retain the fees when collected as the Bailiff is entitled to his fees from the beginning.

Exactly! If it is paid to the council the liability would be discharged earlier and any legitimate fees can also be paid to the council for them to pass on meaning that your not forced into a plan you cant afford, with the bailiff taking their fees first if their fees arent legitimate. If they are legitimate they will still get paid and you can maintain payment at a level you can afford makes sense to me.

My views are based on experience I would always urge you to do some further research and if in doubt seek legal advice.

problem solved , i went on line this morning and paid the council the £82.00 parking charge so as far as im concerned there is now no debt for the bailiffs to pursue and , if the bailiffs want their fee`s then they should contact the people who employed them i.e bolton council ! .

thanks to all for your help .