• Tweets

• Hello dx100uk, After months of waiting for a response I finally got a reply and I must say it was the worst 4 months of my life the - fear of the unknown. So, they wrote back and said I was in the wrong BUT on this occasion they  would not take action but keep me on file for the next 12 months. It. was the biggest relief of my life a massive weight lifted -  I would like to thank you and the team for all your support
    • I have contacted the sofa shop who are sending someone out tomorrow to inspect the furniture. I suspect if anything a replacement will be offered although I would prefer a refund. Few photos of the wear in the material, this is how it was delivered.  
    • Yup, for goodness sake she needs to stop paying right now, DCA's are powerless, as .  Is it showing on their credit file? Best to use Check my file. All of the above advice is excellent, definitely SAR the loan company as soon as possible.
    • Hi all, I am wandering if this is appealable. It has already been through a challenge on the Islington website and the it was rejected. Basically there was a suspended bay sign on a post on Gee st which was obscured by a Pizza van. The suspension was for 3 bays outside 47 Gee st. I parked outside/between 47 & 55 Gee st. I paid via the phone system using a sign a few meters away from my car. When I got back to the car there was a PCN stuck to the windscreen which I had to dry out before I could read it due to rain getting into the plastic sticky holder.  I then appealed using the Islington website which was then rejected the next day. I have attached a pdf of images that I took and also which the parking officer took. There are two spaces in front of the van, one of which had a generator on it the other was a disabled space. I would count those as 3 bays? In the first image circled in red is the parking sign I read. In the 2nd image is the suspension notice obscured by the van. I would have had to stand in the middle of the road to read this, in fact that's where I was standing when I took the photo. I have pasted the appeal and rejection below. Many thanks for looking. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This is my appeal statement: As you can see from the image attached (image 1) I actually paid £18.50 to park my car in Gee st. I parked the car at what I thought was outside 55 Gee st as seen in image 2 attached. When I read the PCN issued it stated there was a parking suspension. There was no suspension notice on the sign that I used to call the payment service outside number 55 Gee st. I looked for a suspension notice and eventually found one which was obscured by a large van and generator parked outside 47 Gee st. As seen in images 3 and 4 attached. I am guessing the parking suspension was to allow the Van to park and sell Pizza during the Clerkenwell design week. I was not obstructing the use or parking of the van, in fact the van was obstructing the suspension notice which meant I could not read or see it without prior knowledge it was there. I would have had to stand in the road to see it endangering myself as I had to to take images to illustrate the hidden notice. As there was no intention to avoid a parking charge and the fact the sign was not easily visible I would hope this challenge can be accepted. Many thanks.   This is the text from the rejection: Thank you for contacting us about the above Penalty Charge Notice (PCN). The PCN was issued because the vehicle was parked in a suspended bay or space. I note from your correspondence that there was no suspension notice on the sign that you used to call the payment serve outside number 55 Gee Street. I acknowledge your comments, however, your vehicle was parked in a bay which had been suspended. The regulations require the suspension warning to be clearly visible. It is a large bright yellow sign and is erected by the parking bay on the nearest parking plate to the area that is to be suspended. Parking is then not permitted in the bay for any reason or period of time, however brief. The signs relating to this suspension were sited in accordance with the regulations. Upon reviewing the Civil Enforcement Officer's (CEO's) images and notes, I am satisfied that sufficient signage was in place and that it meets statutory requirements. Whilst I note that the signage may have been obstructed by a large van and generator at the time, please note, it is the responsibility of the motorist to locate and check the time plate each time they park. This will ensure that any changes to the status of the bay are noted. I acknowledge that your vehicle possessed a RingGo session at the time, however, this does not authorize parking within a suspended bay. Suspension restrictions are established to facilitate specific activities like filming or construction, therefore, we anticipate the vehicle owner to relocate the vehicle from the suspended area until the specified date and time when the suspension concludes. Leaving a vehicle unattended for any period of time within a suspended bay, effectively renders the vehicle parked in contravention and a Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO) may issue a PCN. Finally, the vehicle was left parked approximately 5 metres away from the closest time plate notice. It is the responsibility of the driver to ensure they park in a suitable parking place and check all signs and road markings prior to leaving their vehicle parked in contravention. It remains the driver's responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is parked legally at all times. With that being said, I would have to inform you, your appeal has been rejected at this stage. Please see the below images as taken by the CEO whilst issuing the PCN: You should now choose one of the following options: Pay the penalty charge. We will accept the discounted amount of £65.00 in settlement of this matter, provided it is received by 10 June 2024. After that date, the full penalty charge of £130.00 will be payable. Or Wait for a Notice to Owner (NtO) to be issued to the registered keeper of the vehicle, who is legally responsible for paying the penalty charge. Any further correspondence received prior to the NtO being issued may not be responded to. The NtO gives the recipient the right to make formal representations against the penalty charge. If we reject those representations, there will be the right of appeal to the Environment and Traffic Adjudicator.   Gee st pdf.pdf
    • Nationwide Building Society has launched an 18 month fixed-rate account paying 5.5%.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Is the bank taking your Benefits ?

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why bother to close your account Ammani - just don't have any money paid in to it. You could toss them the odd groat now and then to pay off any legitimate charges.

I'd avoid the Post Office if I were you as I understand the DSS (or whatever they call themselves this week) are ceasing payments into Post Office accounts soon - probably part of the government's plan to close them down!

From what I recall, the Co-op issues a card which can be used to draw cash and also pay debit orders (no cheque book though).

I have to call them tomorrow about my account and I'll ask and then post what they say.

Regards.

Van

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will check this Co-Op account out tomorrow.Not sure where my nearest one is, will have to look it up.

I have had to put some money in the bank today, to cover my direct debits, and am only going to put enough in to pay what is needed. If i can sort another way to pay direct debits, i will tell Nationwide to close my account and if they say no, ask them to put it in writting.

I know as soon as i do that, they will demand back the overdraft, so i am going to have to sort my claim out for the court, so i can put in a counter claim, and let them wait!

Its driving me crazy at the moment, is last thing i think about at night, and first thing on waking!!

Checking my bank statement today, i noticed they had cashed a cheque for my account, that was higher than the cheque that i had written, so went in with my cheque book, and asked why this cheque number was cashed for this amount, when i had written it for less.

Also got a letter from my phone provider saying the direct debit had been cancelled, on the banks authority,(there were funds to cover it in my account)and that they were going to put a restriction on my phone, which they did. No phone today.I didnt cancel it, and its showing as active on my online account!!

They are looking into it.Whatever next!!

Hiya i dont know if anyone can help. Ive been trying to claim back money from halifax that was taken in charges against an account that only funded by benefits.

I sent the two standard letters to halifax and they told me basically they believe these charges to be lawful. I rang the halifax and said about them taking money from benefits and they told me they have never ever heard about not being able to.

I contacted the fos back in june and they have wrote back now basically saying they have contacted halifax but until this oft proceedings are dealt with they wont look into it.

But what im claiming for isnt the amount of the charges its the fact that they are not ment to take charges out of benefit money (mostly disability living allowance and incapacity benefit).

Can anyone let me know if the oft proceeding will affect what im claiming?

thanks very much

karen

karen your situation has nothing whatsoever to do with the pending OFT case. However what it does do is that it shows once again the complete lack of knowledge of the regulator

In your case it not a matter of whether bank penalty charges are lawful or not. Your penalty charges have been taken unlawfully from your benefits in direct contravention of the Social Security Administration Act 1992 in which your benefit payments are deemed sacrosanct.

The bank & the regulator must understand that the benefits paid to you don't 'belong' to you they 'belong' to the State & are given to provide support to you & your dependants.

You will see below that even a Trustee in Bankruptcy can't touch your benefits.

Social Security Administration Act 1992

Miscellaneous

Certain benefit to be inalienable **

187- Subject to the provisions of this Act, every assignment of, or charge on-

(a)benefit as defined in section 122 of the Contributions and Benefits Act;

(b)any income-related benefit; or

©child benefit,

and every agreement to assign or charge such benefit shall be void; and, on the bancrupcy of the beneficiary, such benefit shall not pass to any trustee or other person acting on behalf of his creditors

I suggest you write to them using the template above & provide the FSA with copies in order they might learn something.

If all else fails you will need to consider issuing court proceedings. If you do you must ensure that your POC does not refer to the charges as being unlawful but only that taking them from your State benefit is

• Haha 1

I really dont think they will listen, i was told ' its our right to take those charges, even if its your benefits'. Am so livid, am going crazy! Looked at my account today and they had dishonoured my direct debit. I deliberately put funds into my account yesterday to cover it, with some left over and have a reciept to show that, and they have shown money as going in today, and showing there wasnt enough funds for direct debit. I am now going down there as they wont answer the phone, and i wont be held responsible for what i do. I just cannot take it anymore.

This was given in a skeleton arguments doc to me yesterday by an HSBC barrister from Temple, London

Social security adminstration act 1992. The claimant argues that the levying of bank fees amount to an unlawful 'charge' on benefits she receives from the State. It is plain that this argument is wrong as a matter of construction of the Act, and confuses 'charges' in the sense of fees (to which the act has no relevance) and 'charges' in the sense of a proprietary right attaching to benefits (to which the Act relates, but which the levying of fees on overdrafts does not create).

A CAG lawyer told me earlier this week that possibly the SSA argument we are all using is a misinterpretation of the Act. Someone needs to work out once and for all whether or not the illegal taking of benefits is occurring and get it established/find a precedent once and for all in LAW. HSBC may well be wrong above, in which case their argument needs some case law against it as they will undoubtedly use it again. Or they may be right, in which case claimants (us lot) need to use the argument only in the correct context.

Donation made 12/02/07 just cos being here is the best displacement activity I've had in years

The most useful post on the whole CAG site - find what you are looking for A-Z! http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html

Ammani, if you go to the 'Welcome' forum (i.e. the page that opens at the very beginning you'll see the second (or maybe third) "sticky" down is headed 'Do you need a parachute account?' and then follows a list of all the banks that offer them and their minimal conditions.

If you Google Co-op Bank and get onto Cashminder current account and call the number they should open one for you over the telephone.

Hope this helps. We're both in the same boat here.

Regards

Van

Hi vandermerwe,

thanks for that will have a look. My nearest Co-Op is in Chatham, quite some way from me, but will see what they offer.Have decided to cancel all my direct debits with Nationwide, there is no way i am putting one more penny into that account.After going to my local branch and demanding to speak to the manager, i was told i couldnt as only 2 people on that day, so got them to give me a number of someone in authority i could speak to. So called the number and i was given another number which was engaged for 2 hours.Finally spoke to someone who said the department i needed to speak to wouldnt accept incoming calls, and they would get them to call me!Told them if i didnt get any joy by this evening, not to bother, and i would go to the media!!

"Manager", what's that Ammani?

Fifty years ago he was the chap in charge of the branch of a bank where, in my case, I did not have an account but where a rather attractive girl worked. He had total authority over all his customers' accounts. He liked some, he disliked others (including staff) but treated everyone fairly including the girl I fancied who had family problems and who he treated like a daughter. His first clerk, if that was the title, was a total jobsworth whose name I have forgotten but tried to hold sway over all that passed through the door.

Needless to say, he detested the twerp who came in to chat up the counter assistant.

As did the acne-ridden other counter clerk.

The building is still there but, alas, no "Manager". Only the jobsworth's successor.

Why do I recall this? Because 45 years ago I married the rather attractive girl who still speaks favourably of her 'manager' and who came to our wedding.

You do not need to go into a Co-op branch. I don't think I have ever seen one.

It's all done by telephone.

If you want to go to the media (which I think you should) I will post some suggestions tomorrow when the Sundays have come.

If you wish me to continue with these posts just give my scales a click, but I shan't take offence if you just tell me to go away.

Regards

Van

P.S. Please forgive the waffle but this, I have found, can be a fairly empathetic site.

• Haha 1

Hello vandermerwe,

many thanks for that lovely story. Society has changed a lot since then, and people in the banks have no morals, all they can think of is selling, selling and selling!

I have been thinking of going to the media, but want to get some legal advice, as to how i stand, if i give the names of the people who i am quoting from. I would be most grateful for your suggestions, 2 heads are better than 1.

Thats great about the Co-Op being done by telephone, makes life easier.

I have clicked on your scales, sorry i hadnt known about them, thanks for mentioning them to me.

And of course, i would never ask you or anyone else to go away, i value everything you share with me. In my line of work, i see many individuals who are broken and and emotionally wrecked through all the bad things in our society, especially this bank charges problem, and i would do anything to help anyone, and if more people were to do the same, we would be in a far better world, but unfortunately greed has taken over!

Yes it is an empathetic site, as many of us are struggling, with these bank charges and can relate to each others problems.Lets hope with all of us pulling together, we may get some thing good done.

Regards

Ammani.

VS write back & ask them that,

in order that I might consider any further action please advise how & on what date you disposed of my data. I feel this is particularly important for me to know as my account is still current

(assuming it is of course)

Thanks JonCris, I'll do as you suggest.

Why can't I add to your scales/reputation? I keep trying. :confused: :confused:

They've sent the data I last requested but the covering letter advised that, although the Law in Scotland differs from that in Engand, the bank is asking the Scottish Courts to await the OFT case decision before making judgement on any cases. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I intend using both the unfair/unlawful and the benefits, illegal tracks, unless you advise against. The charges will come to more than £1,500 so I will have to use a solicitor for an ordinary case, up here.

Will let you know the response to the letter you recommend.

Thanks again . :D

Thanks for your kind words Ammani, they're much appreciated.

I most definitely think you should go to the press and suggest you read two of this weekend's columnists, Jessica Gorst-Williams in "The Telegraph" 'Your Money' section, and Diana Wright in "The Sunday Times" 'Money Section'.

You'll find Jessica's column on Your Money - Telegraph by clicking on "Jessica Investigates" and I Googled "a question of money" for Diana's column.

They are both typical of their weekly style, and Jessica's conditions are shown on her site.

I didn't actually spot Diana's conditions so I'll quote from the paper:

E-mail Diana Wright at the address below (no attachments please) or write to A Question of Money, The Sunday Times, 1 Pennington Street, London E98 1ST, giving a daytime telephone number. We cannot send personal replies or deal with every letter. Please do not send original documents or SAEs. Advice is offered without legal responsibility.

I wouldn't bother seeking legal advice about mentioning names as you will see both columnists heavily edit or precis readers' comments.

You must choose one or the other - it would be most unwise to write to both.

One of my other favourites is Tony Hetherington of "The Mail on Sunday" but he concentrates more on share and insurance scams.

Do let us know what you decide to do. Maybe other readers will check these two columnists and also write in.

Good luck!

Van

ive reclaimed charges recently (in june) and since then ive had another couple of hundred taken out in charges .ive recently wrote to them(email off the website) and listed the charges dates and copy of what the relevant law is that forbids this kind of behaviour.they emailed back saying..... as you have already had charges refunded we will not be refunding anymore???!!! well im waiting for my 6+ years statements so that i can do it all together but why are they allowed to get away with this when its illegal?

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

This was given in a skeleton arguments doc to me yesterday by an HSBC barrister from Temple, London

Social security adminstration act 1992. The claimant argues that the levying of bank fees amount to an unlawful 'charge' on benefits she receives from the State. It is plain that this argument is wrong as a matter of construction of the Act, and confuses 'charges' in the sense of fees (to which the act has no relevance) and 'charges' in the sense of a proprietary right attaching to benefits (to which the Act relates, but which the levying of fees on overdrafts does not create).

A CAG lawyer told me earlier this week that possibly the SSA argument we are all using is a misinterpretation of the Act. Someone needs to work out once and for all whether or not the illegal taking of benefits is occurring and get it established/find a precedent once and for all in LAW. HSBC may well be wrong above, in which case their argument needs some case law against it as they will undoubtedly use it again. Or they may be right, in which case claimants (us lot) need to use the argument only in the correct context.

Skint sorry mate then your CAB lawyer is wrong (& not for the 1st time I shouldn't wonder) Not only does the DWP disagree with him/her but so does the Minister of State.

What your CAB lawyer & the banks need to understand & accept is that they are not taking the debtors money but that of the state. Unfortunately when this government forced the banks to set up 'basic' accounts in order to receive payments there was no joined up thinking.

The government probably thought because there would be no overdraft facilities that claimants on fixed low incomes would not incur any debts they couldn't afford to repay.

No one in government even considered the possibility that someone could be penalized to the tune of many hundreds of pounds within a very short time. A situation from which there is no hope of recovery. So instead of insisting the banks simple refuse to pay anything over budget WITHOUT penalizing the most vulnerable they simply ignored what could & has happened.

When these accounts were announced the banks must have been rubbing their hands in anticipation of the huge sums they where about to extract from the poor

Hi, this is my first post here. I have been reading with interest, but admittedly, its midnight and have had to skip the last half of the thread as my eyes are starting to shut against my will, so I will apologise if I am repeating things.

I have a basic bank account with Alliance & Leicester (not a current account) at the beginning of this month I missed a DD, I realised what had happened on the day and went straight to the bank to try and sort it, they were useless of course, I made four visits to the bank to try and sort it out, each time being fobbed off. On the last visit I filled a First Time Resolution form (FTR), which is what i was told to do. I heard nothing and yesterday I had £47 Income Support paid into my account, then the bank kindly took £34 of it. I phoned the branch, who told me to phone head office. They told me the branch are supposed to help me, so I went in to talk to them, after reading some info on this forum I told the woman I spoke to that they were not allowed to take money from benefits but she smugly informed me they were and they couldn't help me till the FTR decision came back.

I just wondered if I should wait for that, but I was told today that it could take weeks as they are so backed up with people reclaiming their bank charges. In the mean time I have £13 to live on for the week. I have tax credits going in the bank, but I use that to pay other DD's and live on my IS, if i dip into the tax credits I'm going to miss other DD's and its going to snowball.

Is there anyway to fix this quickly?

Thanks for any help :roll:

Hi Sara. I know exactly how you feel about the bank(s) and also the following of threads on this site.

You ask if there is any way to fix this quickly. The answer is no, but you need recommended action. My suggestions are (but see my caveat below):

a) Never communicate with a bank by phone or face to face. Do it only in writing and, despite the hassle, use recorded delivery and keep a copy.

b) Have a cup of strong coffee this morning and wade through my conversations above with Ammani.

c) Write a brief but reasoned letter giving the outline of events to one of the columnists I have recommended to Ammani.

d) Phone the National Debtline (it's free being a charity) on 0808 808-4000 and ask their advice - they have some astonishingly good fact sheets which are also available on National Debtline, for FREE CONFIDENTIAL and INDEPENDENT ADVICE call 0808 808 4000

e) AFAIK (As far as I know) [there are some quite indecipherable acronyms on this site!] you are not limited to one basic account, so try opening one with the Co-op but, remember, no cheque book, no overdraft facility, but DDs are payable, and get all your state benefits paid into it and disburse them as and when you wish - but it means watching the situation virtually daily - but it feels good to be in control. In fact, the one thing I have learned from joining CAG in April is that it's all about ME being in control of my financial affairs instead of THEM.

f) Who is your MP? Decide whether you feel he/she would be supportive and if so contact him/her. I am mugging up on all I can about first appropriation of benefits - difficult because I am not a computer geek - and intend seeking my M.P.'s support to ask awkward questions. And I'm not talking pennies here - my bank calls their monthly fines or penalty charges "arrangement fees" and -zip- there goes £75 off my state pension/benefits.

It's mayhem out there. You can see my background by clicking on my name, I ran my own business for 30 years and earned sufficient to educate three children to become a consultant surgeon, a leading barrister, and a midwife (that's why we never had money for holidays!) but back in England

we are treated like **** by the banks. I think I forgot to mention my overdraft (which was only acquired in April) is £1000!

Sara, if you find this sort of rather belligerent advice helpful give my scales a click (that's the blob between the green spot and the red triangle at the bottom left of the post) and I'll keep in contact. If this is not the sort of advice you want just tell me and I'll shut up!

Good luck.

Vandermerwe

Caveat: I'm not a lawyer, I'm not qualified in any way (except common sense) to give advice and would certainly not be approved by 'elf 'n safety and the other government quangos supported by our taxes.

• Haha 1

Hi Vandermerwe, thanks for your advice, after spending the morning on the phone and banging my head against the wall, I've decided you're very right about writing to them.

I've just got off the phone with head office again, not surprisingly they were useless, again. Basically said they have suspended all refund payments because of the bank charges being reclaimed, now everything has to go through customer relations. I can kind of understand this, but when they have taken money they shouldn't have touched in the first place it seems disgusting to make us wait for it to be returned.

I am about to write a letter to them, but I think I'll have that strong coffee first, and maybe some chocolate, just so I use less foul language lol.

:rolleyes:

Hi Sara Hope, i sympathise with you, as i am going through the same thing at the moment. I took Vandermerwe's advice, and have applied for an account with the Co-Op, and have cancelled all my direct debits with Nationwide, and let them whistle for their charges and overdraft! I will put in a counter claim for the £4000 plus interest they owe me.If you phone the benefits office they will send your money as a giro, that you can cash at any post office.Take back control of your finances, it feels good. I am working on the idea of going to the media, and have looked at the links vandermerwe mentioned to me.Yes it is disgusting what they are doing, but they say they are entitled to do it, and will continue to.I must admit my language was somewhat shocking too, i was fuming. I have written to my local MP, the only way to get heard, is to make waves. Good luck.

Ammani.

Good morning girls.

Sarah - try a dash of brandy in the coffee, but have the choccy too if it makes you feel better. But go for them.

Ammani - good one! Remember the DWP is going to cease issuing giros next year so get them paid into your parachute account. If you write to the press PM me with the name so I write to the other. I feel the letter coming on, but there are only so many hours in the day a number of which are taken up with looking after an unwell wife.

Keep it up and good luck as ever!

Van