Capquest & old MBNA Help!!!

gfam64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi evryone. I just cannot believe what ive been reading in this and another post re CapQuest. Ive been paying them for years re an MBNA debt.

I know i would never have recieved any letter of intention to pass on the debt,as I wasnt even in the country.

They just rang me today to say I was 5 days late with my payment. Ive been given a £500 penalty and have just reduced my payments down to £5 pm.

Great info on this site.

Thanks

£500 penalty? what do you mean? If you mean you got a reduction/discount on the total amount of the debt, then stop paying immediately as you are being cash cowed on a bad debt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi renegadeimp.

No, they add £500 ontop of my original debt for late payment of our agreed arrangement. They should have got £7 on the 2nd of Aug but didnt get it til 7th...so, £500 please. Theyve added about 5k in total in 5 years.

Ok. Ignore that £500. It is a grossly unfair charge. If you have a statement of account, then im thinking the rest of those charges are unfair and reclaimable.

Can i ask if capquest actually own the debt, or are they acting on behalf of another creditor?

Edit: they reduced your payments because you are being cash cowed big time. Have you considered stopping all payments and requesting a CCA or SAR?

Could you also post more info about your debt, as i am 99% sure you are being conned. I will ask an admin to make a new thread for you, so we can help you get these charges removed, and your debt sorted.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi again. Ido ignore it, in fact, to be honest, I dont really worry about it.

Capquest tell me they have bought the debt, so Im going to follow previously ststed letter templates and get them to prove it..

Have you checked the 3 credit agencies to see what appears on your credit file? Capquest have been known to tell people that they own the debt, but fail to provide any proof.

They arent allowed to add £500.00 for a late payment.. what are they on !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 year later...

Ive recently bn sent a letter from Marlin re an alleged debt from Barclaycard (Orig Eggicon card)

Apparently this was an online application and as such, no signatureicon was needed.

I do remember having an Egg card, but I also remember the balance being around £300 not the 2428.50 they now assert.

This was over 5 yrs ago.

I was further puzzled when I heard recently that Barclaysicon had sold customers info to rogue traders.

I have just asked them to send me a signed agreement, but they say the tick box was sufficient... REALLY??

Ive also asked for a full statement of account, Payments made and full balance etc.

Any advice will be most welcome please.

Glenn

Can you give us some dates? They are correct about the tick box providing that the agreement was post apr 2007.

When was the last time you made written acknowledgement to the debt or paid anything off it?

Regarding the amount they say you owe, it isnt unheard of for the dca to add a ton of unlawful charges to it. But it is much more likely the cc company put a ton of charges there. Good news is they can be reclaimed

Ive recently bn sent a letter from Marlin re an alleged debt from Barclaycard (Orig Eggicon card)

Apparently this was an online application and as such, no signatureicon was needed.

I do remember having an Egg card, but I also remember the balance being around £300 not the 2428.50 they now assert.

This was over 5 yrs ago.

I was further puzzled when I heard recently that Barclaysicon had sold customers info to rogue traders.

I have just asked them to send me a signed agreement, but they say the tick box was sufficient... REALLY??

Ive also asked for a full statement of account, Payments made and full balance etc.

Any advice will be most welcome please.

Glenn

The owners are now Cabot then, as Cabot have just purchased Marlin Financial!

Wonder if, Cabot will keep Martin Dumphy on?

The owners are now Cabot then, as Cabot have just purchased Marlin Financial!

Wonder if, Cabot will keep Martin Dumphy on?

Looks like they didn't keep Dunphy on; he took the money...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/10628884/Founder-of-debt-collector-Marlin-nets-30m-windfall.html

To Renegade Imp.

The debt is from Feb 2005. If it was digitally signed, is this still OK?... I refer to your previous comment about April 2007....How does that work with the CCA and their requirement to send me a true copy of my signed agreement?

Ive just found out, by ringing Barclaycard direct that this debt is real and the sum claimed is correct.

I cannot believe that it has taken them 9 yrs to get in touch with me.... I had not even realised the debt existed.

I have moved home 4 times in that time.

I am not aware of any correspondences at all, soI will send a SAR to them so they can prove it...

Without that, shouldnt the debt be statute barred??

Im just dumbfounded that this even is here...

Any further advice or comments would be appreciated.

Glenn

Pre April 2007 they should have a copy of the original agreement, signed by you plus all T&C's at signature, any alteration, and the t&c's at closure of the account.

HOWEVER, A CCA request doesnt have anywhere near the power it used to, but pre apr 2007, iirc they should have sent out forms for you to sign and send back. Im pretty sure there have been cases where only a tickbox was signed and because there wasnt an agreement, then the debt was unenforceable.

Sadly though since the case that caused all these CCA changes, many judges allow the reconstituted CCA to stand as you did take the card and used the money. If i were you, i would be focusing on Possible statute barred status rather than lack of a CCA.

I also hope you have reclaimed all those junk fee's they have tried to charge you.