HSBC error enabled B'card to abuse the right off set

La-Rittles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently went into my local HSBC with my employer who is disabled and her mother who was third party to the account, I am a carer. We had been locked out of the telephone banking and had to go into the branch to get it set up again. We set up a new pass code and I handed over my payslip along with my HSBC Bank Card to the CSR and asked him to transfer my wages from my employers HSBC account into my HSBC account, he then slides a piece of paper over to my employers mother and asks her to authorise the transaction.

The next day I call the HSBC telephone banking service as each month I transfer £200 over to my Barclays current account to cover my direct debits and ensure I keep myself in a negative {overdrawn} or zero Balance to ensure BarclayCard cannot use there right to [EDIT] my wages while I have put the account into default/dispute!

The balance of my account showed that I hadn't received my wages, not fully aware of what had happened I transferred what I had left in the account over to my Barclays account, hung up and recalled HSBC with my employer to discover that the CSR had transferred my wages into my Barclays current account. After two hours on the telephone to the HSBC they logged my complaint told me it would take five day to resolve the matter and I should hurry things along at the Branch where we had made the transfer.

During the 2 hour telephone call I logged on to Barclays online banking to discover that in under 12 hours of the money being transferred at 05.30 am BarclayCard helped themselves to £266.07 of my wages. I requested HSBC stop my telephone banking transfer but they said they were unable unless it was transferred by mistake!.

When I went into the Branch I was told there was nothing they could do as my employers 71 year old mother had authorised the transaction. Although the CSR put my wages into a completely different bank account than the one requested, after being handed my HSBC card the fault lies with the 71 year old woman who believed the account details on the paper matched the card details she witnessed me pass to the incompetent man at the desk. I might add that my card and payslip were passed back to me and then the mother was asked to sign and authorise the transfer not check if they were correct.

I'm truly amazed that i could be shafted like this!

Edited by ims21

Hi LaRittles,

I have closed the duplicate thread that you opened in the BC forum. One thread per issue ensures that all info about a case remains in one place. :wink:

If the money was wrongly xferred into your Barclays a/c, where did the Cust'r Svce Rep get the a/c details ?

:???:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi LaRittles,

In theory, you have a valid complaint that the C S Rep failed to act on the instructions given - ie to pay the wages into the HSBC a/c using the details on your bank card which you handed over.

The bank may argue that the mother signed the authorisation and they are therefore not responsible. To counter this I would say that the mother signed in good faith, assuming the C S Rep had properly used the a/c details from the bank card.

Go into the bank and complain that they paid the money into the wrong a/c and tell them you require the transaction to be reversed and then re-credited correctly to the HSBC a/c.

If they argue or refuse, tell them you'll make a formal complaint citing the BCOBS Regulations which they are obliged to abide by. Then you must put a complaint in writing demanding that the payment is recalled and paid into the correct a/c.

See here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=7&a=220

Your chance of success will be governed by the level of your determination.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Good luck with this.

Your best chance of success is to deal with this very quickly.

If the bank say they want 2 or more weeks to "investigate", tell them this is unacceptable as this is causing you severe financial difficulties (if that's the case).

Then consider a urgent complaint to the FOS mentioning the immediate hardship caused by the bank's error.

Or consider court action.

:-)