Arrow Global/Brian Carter court proceedings - need help!***Discontinued***

DCAtarget
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent - wishing you the very best :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

" Still not heard anything else from AG. Is it normal that they wouldn't send me anything they are wanting to rely on in court? I have still not received a copy of the agreement or anything else from them relating the account in question. Will this in itself help my case?"

If they have failed to comply with any order or direction then you can request the court to issue sanctions.Have you not been instructed to exchange bundles/documents?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

No, not had any letters from the court or AG since before mediation. When would this normally be asked for mate? Court date is 19th Feb.

Just done a little research on what a court bundle is and note that it's the claimants responsibility to sort this out. Should I chase this or just ensure I have copies of my relevant documents? Gulp....another thing I'm learning fast (with you guys help of course).

If you refer back to your Notice of Allocation (you will have received this after submitting your AQ) there will be dates time table orders and directions in the event mediation fails.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Oh no!!! I've just found the notice of allocation you mentioned. The only thing I noted on that was the suitability for mediation statement. What I missed however was a paragraph which read

"Each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents (including any experts' report) on which he intends to rely on at the hearing no later than 14 days before the hearing"

Also says a bit further down the letter that "The Court may decide not to take into account a document or video or the evidence of a witness if these directions have not been complied with".

It's 9 days away :( I've just got a new job which involves a long commute each day and my focus has been on that. I'll contact the court tomorrow - do you think it'll be ok??

Better get your skates on then DC...but bear in mind they have not complied either.I would assume you would have very little anyway by way of documents.

PS Always read the full contents of Court communications !!!!!:roll:

Lesson learned! I should have read the letter properly - I thought you just took what you needed on the day.

The documents I'd like to submit would be the letter from a previous DCA saying they couldn't provide copy of agreeement, effectively putting account in dispute. I also forwarded this to AG. Recent letter from Natwest saying they couldn't find an account (as part of SAR) Copies of my letters sent asking AG for agreement etc under CPR. Suppose that's it. If it's allowed that I submit them would I just send them with covering letter and case number? With the letter from ex DCA and Natwest wouldl I have to send originals?

Sorry I know I must be a pain in the you know what....so many questions.

You can send copies and yes with a covering letter with claim number/Court/ Trial date.Set to the Claimant set to your Court.

Regards

Andy

You can send copies and yes with a covering letter with claim number/Court/ Trial date.Set to the Claimant set to your Court.

Regards

Andy

Thank you so much for your help and calming nature :) Words can't describe how much I appreciate the time you and others here give to help people such as me.

LATEST NEWS!

Received a letter today from Arrow Global who have advised me they are discontinuing case and they've filed a notice of discontinuance at the County Court. I'll check with the court in the morning to make absolutely sure but it looks kosher.

Obviously great news for me. Once again I'd like to say a big thank you for all of you who have helped me on this forum. Getting paid in a couple of weeks and I will be making a substantial donation to the site - couldn't have got to this point without it.

Oh brilliant. Yes, do make sure that you check with the court that they have indeed discontinued. But that letter should be sufficient.

Excellent.. what a weight off your mind.

I will amend your thread title when you have confirmation off the court.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Excellent DCA

Hence that's why they did not exchange or prepare bundle...with the full intention of NoD.

Well done.

Regards

Andy

and another one bites the dust.......

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks again to each and every one of you.

I've called the court this morning who have confirmed that everything's in order and the case wont need to be heard. It's a big weight off my mind

I want to send some money to your site but cant find a link anywhere. Can someone please point me in the right direction? *It's ok found it*

Thanks.

Edited by DCAtarget
Cant find donate button

Thread title amended.

Again very well done DCA.

Regards

Andy

This is very good news indeed.. donations.. if you scroll down the very bottom of the screen on the right hand side there is a grey banner - just click on that and it will open a new window to donate via PayPal :)

BCOBS