Help with defaults

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI there,

I have 4 defaults on my credit file and am in a mess with lots of payments arrangments/late payments showing etc due to recent financial hardship/burying head in sand.

Now trying to repair the damage (If thats possible!).

Been reading lots on here and from what i can gather im pretty much going to be buggered until the most recent default comes off which was issued April 2011!

I've read various things on here but I'm just wondering if I contact the companys and offer them a settlement amount and see if they agree to remove the default and mark the debt as settled. For example one is I owe HSBC £1502.00 for an unpaid overdraft.

Had some major family problems and i went into a serious depression and had to have counselling at the time as I was not in a good way and I was not able to deal with my debts, completely buried my head in the sand which i so wish i didnt now!.

A few years on from this I now have a 13 month old baby and life is good again but on the down side we live in a small one bed house and with a poor credit rating cannot move or extend the house.

I'm wondering if perhaps i explained this situation with proof of my living situation and a note from the doctrs confirming my depression back themn etc that maybe they might consider removing the defaults.

Any advice on this subject would be greatly appreciated Thank you :roll:

From what i have asked here and been told it is very hard to get defaults off. I'm sure some more help will pop in :)

I was reading even if default says "settled" it can be taken badly by lenders still. Not sure where i read it now mind! and again i hope more help will pop in soon.

Depression Is a horrible thing and i fully understand how that feels and getting better feels like a priority over debts

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers

Are your debts with the oc? Or in the clutches of dca's? It is prefered to make a separate post for each debt here so you get the best help with less confusion

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers