Buchanan Clark & Wells re orange debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Either they are adding charges or Orange is adding charges - had the contract been going for the full length that you signed up for?

I would just tell the DCA that "you have paid Orange all sums outstanding directly to them"

But I haven't paid all outstanding sums? or do you mean I will pay current outstanding orange bill of £95.75?

The contract was due to run out in January 2013 I believe..

Either they are adding charges or Orange is adding charges - had the contract been going for the full length that you signed up for?

I would just tell the DCA that "you have paid Orange all sums outstanding directly to them"

This most likely orange adding an early termination fee if the contract wasn't due to run out until Jan-13. But I wouldn't put it past BCW adding on an admin charge too...

I would never correspond with a DCA... Let them waste their time :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

It sounds as though Orange have terminated the account because you had 3 unpaid bills.

They will try adding all of the outstanding monthly payments as a termination charge.

I doubt that Orange will send a bill for that. If you do, you should ask for a breakdown of the bill. They should only be claiming for their actual losses, although I think that Orange do try to claim the loss of income from incoming calls, however if you kept the contract going and made no calls, that would be zero, so that would fail.

Your credit reference is possibly on the verge of being stuffed.

If what I have said is correct, you might want to contact Orange if you do want to keep your contract. Presumably the phone has been disconnected for the last few months?

It sounds as though Orange have terminated the account because you had 3 unpaid bills.

They will try adding all of the outstanding monthly payments as a termination charge.

I doubt that Orange will send a bill for that. If you do, you should ask for a breakdown of the bill. They should only be claiming for their actual losses, although I think that Orange do try to claim the loss of income from incoming calls, however if you kept the contract going and made no calls, that would be zero, so that would fail.

Your credit reference is possibly on the verge of being stuffed.

If what I have said is correct, you might want to contact Orange if you do want to keep your contract. Presumably the phone has been disconnected for the last few months?

Yes the phone was lost/stolen, so had it blocked etc.

So not bothered about keeping the contract now.

I'll just email the DCA to say I will be making all payments directly to Orange.