style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the family tree of Capita equita and Ross and Robbers might be worth a mention in your emails????

Most defintitely as the vested interests between Capita and it's two bailiff companies could be construed as a conflict of interest when dealing with a vulnerable debtor, or a dispute.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I chose the Guardian because they are campaigny can anyone think of any others worth sending it to?

These journalists have all reported bailiff issues in connection with council contracts:

The Times :

[email protected]

The Sunday Times:

[email protected]

The Sunday Telegraph / Telegraph

[email protected] ?

right not got screen prints but got the latitude and longitude just checking where they have been as it wasnt here

Can I sue for distress caused by putting information through someone elses door?

My views are based on experience I would always urge you to do some further research and if in doubt seek legal advice.

my plan is to get a map of where they were send it back to the council and state that either they didnt post any of the documentation therefore its invalid or they posted through the wrong address causing me great embarrassment and distress but I need a hand finding the address with these coordinates

My views are based on experience I would always urge you to do some further research and if in doubt seek legal advice.

right not got screen prints but got the latitude and longitude just checking where they have been as it wasnt here

Can I sue for distress caused by putting information through someone elses door?

If they did post letters of a sensitive nature through someone elses door, I should think this would be a breach of the Data Protection Act:

Have a look at this post for more detail.

EDIT:

latitude and longitude map.

EDIT AGAIN:

Giving you longitude and latitude doesn't prove they visited even if they're correct coordinates. They could have just found the these from the net.

Edited by outlawla

Maybe a better way to determine your longitude and latitude

How do I look up latitude and longitude coordinates on Google Maps?

To look up the geographic coordinates (latitude and longitude) of a spot on the map, follow the steps below:

1. Right-click on the desired spot on the map to bring up a menu with options.
  2. In the menu, select What’s here?.
  3. Click the green arrow to get the latitude and longitude coordinates.

EDIT:

Even simpler, just type the coordinates into the search box in Google Maps.

Edited by outlawla

I think they are taking the p$ss ....it isn't rocket science to tell you the day date and time of the alleged visits, did you send them the acme bailff letter?

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

thanks outlawa and WD yep Hallowitch gave me that to send and it has gone over twice. I now need help drafting a letter that is the right side of arsey if at all possible.

points I want to make, I am asking again for screenshots showing the date and time of the visits, if they have been in the neighbourhood either they posted info through the wrong door or didnt bring it so I want the fees wiped if its the later and compensating for the distress if its the former and the council to take the debt back.

oh if this continues im going to start billing for my time.

Thank you all for your help!

I am going to draft e,ails to all of the dailies tomorrow as well I am seriously hacked off

have a look at this and let me know if I need to add anything else please?

Dear xxx,

Thank you for your response however I wish to make the following points;

1. On the 11th July I requested a full breakdown of the fees including dates and times that the alleged visits occurred this was due to the fact that I have received no paperwork, nobody has knocked on my door and due to the cctv camera mentioned on the following dates 10th July, 26th July and 1st August I can show no-one has attended my property. To date this has still not been received.
  2. 16 May - Longitude 1.540285 Latitude - 52.480579 9th July - Longitude 1.540285 Latitude - 52.480579 there are the coordinates for your office as you can see it is a simple matter to find this information out online this is why I have asked for screenshots taken from the digital pen that all certified bailiffs within Birmingham are supposed to use as per your report to the Overview Scrutiny Committee.
  3. Despite requesting on the following dates 10th July, 24th July, 26th July, 1st August, 3rd August, 23rd August the details of the vehicle allegedly levied against I have still not recieved this , I have repeatedly advised that the outside of my property is a public car park and as per point 1 no-one has visited my property.
  4. As no paperwork has been put through my door, either there have been no visits or my paperwork is through one of my neighbour's doors if this is the case please advise me how we are going to compensate me for the extreme distress and embarrassment caused by the breach of the data protection act?
  5. Please can you explain to me what a 'Levy Bailiff' is as I can only find information on Certified and Uncertified bailiffs?
  6. As per my requests on 24th July, 26th July, 1st August and 23rd August please can you inform me whether Birmingham City Council allows Equita to Subcontract their Bailiff service as the bailiff is not registered as being employed by Equita.

Please be aware that on the dates claimed not only can I get CCTV footage but my husband was in the property all day on both dates, Equita also do not deal through the call centre with individuals once it has been passed to the bailiff and as such I could not have made my payment to the call centre on the 17th May. On the 9th of July the bailiff informed me via text he was too busy to talk to me and I offered the payment plan of £35 per month your guidelines state that the bailiff should have contacted you with my offer you are telling me instead he chose to levy on a random vehicle without knocking on my door or handing the paperwork to myself or my husband is this correct bearing in mind it is contrary to the guidelines and the law regarding levies?

This amount is outstanding through an error made by Birmingham City Council, because I believe in the need for Council Tax I am paying it your behaviour and the behaviour of your appointed representatives are causing me great distress this is particularly important in light of my medical history and the fact that the form of migraine I suffer from puts me at increase risk of stroke.

I have already requested that this by put through to the final stage complaints process as I WILL be passing this information onto the LGO and if this continues will seek legal advice.

Edited by mellymoo74

I think I need to add a bit asking what a levy bailiff is and asking again if bcc allows subcontracting

I think you're going to ruin someones day with point 2.

Telling them what lines of Latitude and Longitude their offices are located. Excellent!

Thank you I thought that clearly illustrated my point!

If that letter doesn't have them taking large quantities of immodium I don't know what will. They are still clinging to the hope you will submit to their perverted version of the rules. As to a Levy Bailiff, no such animal, let them explain that one.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

thanks all, do you think its good to go? and should I cc in the press?

Good idea.

More added who should this be ccd into?

Grant Shapps perhaps. One of the Ministers for Communities and Local Government.

Not sure which is the most appropriate address though, maybe play safe and use all:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Eric Pickles, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, though not likely to get a reply.

[email protected]

The Communities and Local Government Committee:

[email protected]

Maybe this one:

[email protected]

Edited by outlawla

gone, have sent it to all of the press emails on this thread, the CEO of Crapita, Equita, and the email addys above.

The telegraph one came back so have found the political correspondents email addy and sent it to them

Also made a point of bolding the MRS as he addressed the email to Miss loving the attention to detail

Edited by mellymoo74
additional info

Got this to send in response to the Ministry of Justices nowt to do with us guvner email what do you think?

The reason for contacting yourselves is that the relationship between BCC, Capita and their bailiff companies results in a clear conflict of interest.

There are many individuals who have been subject to illegal workings by the bailiff company (front loading of fees, harassment of vulnerable individuals etc) this is then not robustly investigated by the council concerned as it is not in their interest to do so.