• Tweets

• You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though.     A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees.   https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
    • China green-lights mass production of autonomous flying taxis — with commercial flights set for 2025 | Live Science WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM The EHang EH216-S autonomous flying taxi is the first eVTOL ready for mass production and could lead the way for flying cars around...  
    • Lolerz - I don't understand you.  Rebuked you?   No. I simply replied to your orange comments with legal facts as I know them.  I've already worked through the s42 and s146 issues - over the last 3-4y - and these issues are (mostly) resolved legally.  In terms of posting evidence.  Sure I can post some.  But my most recent questions have been a) how can I enforce a sale before trial?  And b) how can I make a complaint and/or a claim v receiver? (E.g. to which body do I complain?).  At the mo I'm asking for some helpful pointers on those specific questions??  I'm not asking for help with how to prove or present evidence. Fwiw - all evidence for trial has been disclosed (although additions are poss). The lender sent me like 10,000 emails and docs.  There's also 000s of emails, docs, photos, videos, recordings and texts that relate to freeholders/ me.   I read, filed and categorised everything for ease of future reference.  Witness statements and evidence were prepared for trial in the 42 and 146 matters. (now joined with current claim to save duplication).  I've lived the process before.  My current statement and linked evidence has taken like 6 months to draft/ write - to ensure I can succinctly prove my defence and counterclaim points.   Whether I can convince a judge at trial w/o lawyer / barrister is debatable 🙄   But I've prepared.  And continue to try better prepare - which is why I visit this site (and clinics).  This is NOT my business or expertise at all.  I'm just trying.  Not that anyone should ever have to justify why they need help if they ask politely! 
    • Thanks for the other info will also take a look at that.
    • It doesn't use the word reconstructed in the cover letter.  Although, I have just noticed on the cover letter they have asked me to complete a financial statement and offer a repayment within the next 10 days, or they will continue to follow court directions.  They sent a separate letter on the same day advising me they will be continuing with their claim ?  They have done the same for both claims.  Is it worth just doing that - doing the financial breakdown and offering a x amount.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help needed with LTSB- PPI & Penalty charges reclaiming & subsequent default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

A few years ago, this site was fantastic in helping me win back my own PPI.

Regrettably, I find myself in a simialr situation with my Husband's account.

1.Lodged a complaint against ppi back in Sept 2009.

Did not hear back at all about this CC although won for the same reasons against two LTSB loans.

2. Contacted them back in 2010 to find out what had happened

- said it had become lost in the system.

A new complaint was therefore lodged.

During this time, my hubby was under hospital investigation for throat

- so I did not keep on top of the complaint.

3.Contacted them last year to find out what the outcome was .

Was advised that we had been rejected dispite not receiving a letter.

This was at the time of the Judicial review so this was re-opened .

4. Recently contacted them to ask whether they have refunded to be told surpise, surprise it was not re-opened last November!!

With my husband being poorly, admitedly we have not kept our eyes on this complaint.

To make matters worse, a default has been registered on his account last November, which we have just noticed.

No default notice was sent nor will they send a copy.

Dates and amounts that they told us over the phone do not make sense.

They state a letter was sent out on the 16/11/11 but the default date is 18/11/11.

Arrears outstanding were £107 with the default balance being £661?

Having went through the statements, there is over £200 of charges. The PPI on the card is going back to 2004.

Any help on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

you can reclaim both ppi and unlawfull PENALTY charges

see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

unless you have all the statements

i'd sar them

as for the default

i would suspect after 6mts of them marking the cra file no or late/over limit markers

the cra system auto marked it '8' or 'd'

so hence, they might not have done it 'as such'

however, if can prove the PENALTY charges were the SOLE reason for each 'marker'

then if your reclaim succeeds [charges]

then they must remove the default

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you. YES, the account balance is made up of penalty charges and PPI. The latter though has been going on for too long- is there any letter templates to place the account into dispute. The default dates amounts etc do not make sense, never had a notice of assignment, just passed onto Wescott.

have you checked your his cra file?

dx

and they

Thanks, yes I have.

The default date states 18th November 2012 for a full amount of £661.

Tried calling LTSB last week and was diverted to their off shore dept- Manilla.

They stated the following:

Default notice sent 16th November 2011 and defaulted 16th November 2011.

Surely calls are recorded.

Am busy complying a formal complaint for LTSB outlining outstanding ppi complaint,

subsequent charges etc.

Is there any templates to send a letter asking for a copy of the Default notice and notice of assignment?

Thanks again.

you wont get copies normally

they only have to 'indicate'n automatic systems that it 'was' sent.

however an sar might help

dx

and they

well no but you've no paper copy [yet] so i think manilla got it wrong TBH.

if the markers that made the default are solely due to the charges

then reclaim them

and the markers MUST be removed.

dx

and they

Hi everyone

Lloyds Tsb Customer Relations have advised that they will refund all the charges and the interest. The PPI complaint has not even been looked into yet, but told this is separate. The balance now stands at £500.

LTSB state the acount was closed 30th November 2011 and passed onto Moorcroft. Who due to the dispute placed this on hold. This was then passed onto Wescot in May who also placed this on hold and ceased collection activity. Have letters stating that they bellieved LTSB were looking into this. More recently though Wescot state this has been passed onto Credit Secuirities who do not have any record of the account. LTSB state this is with Wescot- so we dont know who this is with at the moment.

Have asked LTSB for a copy of the default notice, notice of termination or assignment but they wont send out. Know PPI is separate to this. Is there any way we could get them to remove default with a full and final offer? Not sure if I am getting confused with CCJ's but if after 30 days of the date of the default registering, if you paid in full, this would then be removed. As if this is true, then we did not have an opportunity with the DCA.

Any advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

can you prove the charges were the cause of the markers?

if so then they must remove the markers/default once refunded

PPI reclaim will play not part in that bit.

dx

and they

Hi thanks! How could I prove the charges were the cause of the markers? I never received notice but expect going from (statements received lately from last yr) that the amount would have been lower than the total charges amount. Defaulted balance £661 balance now £500.

Thanks again.

can you prove the charges were the cause of the markers?

if so then they must remove the markers/default once refunded

PPI reclaim will play not part in that bit.

dx

if the month where markers were recorded,

correspond to month with PENALTY charges

are the charges in that individual month the case of the marker [putting you over limit]

as for if there is a DN

if the total of the DN contains charges, i think it still the case that that invalidates the DN.

dx

and they

Yes, the markers correspond to the months with the penalty charges and did take the card over the limit!

What would you advise please to send next?

if the month where markers were recorded,

correspond to month with PENALTY charges

are the charges in that individual month the case of the marker [putting you over limit]

as for if there is a DN

if the total of the DN contains charges, i think it still the case that that invalidates the DN.

dx

getting better then.

ok if they refund the charges then they must remove the marers as per ICO rules.

dx

and they

Thanks. Yes, the charges have been refunded, taken the balance down to £500. Will read up on the rules- thanks. Is there a template letter please to send to highlight this, in addition to the account being sent in dispute to DCA? This account has caused a great deal of distress and inconvenience. Staff that are suppposed to help you- have been rude and unhelpful- no one knows where the debt is now.

Thanks agian dx

there is no such template. afaik

just write that now the PENALY charges have been refunded.

there are several months whereby my CRA file has reports of over limit.

these months correspond with you refund PENALTY charges

i now require these markers to be removed.

dx

and they

Hi just an update on the letters received today:

1. LTSB state that the account was closed and passed to CDR on the 16 November 2011. When this was done the default was applied to the account. The default date on credit file is 18th November 2011.

2. Last payment April 2011.

3. 18th July 2011 default notice, sent stating further action would take place if not brought up to date (DID NOT RECEIVE THIS LETTER- NOR ANY LETTERS FROM END OF APRIL 2011)

However, LTSB do not state any amounts and state that neither a DN nor a copy of my CA going back to 2004 can be sent out!

4. 16th August 2011 final demand letter apparently sent out.

5.When a default notice is issued and the account is in arrears at any time in the next 12 months, then they can issue a final demand and close the account.

6. The fact that the DD was set up for June 11 and did not collect is not their fault.

7. State there charges are fair. However, the second letter received about charges, state that although we have not changed a charging policy we have refunded the charges on the 16th August 2012.

8. The account is still with Wescot. Wescot, however, state it has been with Credit Securities since the 3rd August 12. Credit Securities state this is with Wescot- so in total limbo!

9. Account was initially passed to Moorcroft on the 30th Nov11 who placed the account on hold whilst they went back to LTSB to investigate. This has been the same pattern for Wescot. We have retained all letters received by these DCA stating the account is on hold and ceasing collection activity- even implying LTSB are investigating the dispute.

10. Actually states account has not been update since 6th August 2007, this is not the case and not what the credit file states!

11. The case handler asks us to call her, giving us her extension no!

I am going to draft a letter based around the default notice including penalty charges and taken us over the limit.In Jan 2011, credit limit was £750 which they reduced to £550 in Feb 2011 after they refunded charges worth £202.00. Payment was made, but then placed charges again on the account. Taking the balance to £570.

However, would be grateful for anyone's thoughts on the above and whether these would be relevant in my F+F letter for the removal of the default.

Edited by angel17

so not all charges have been reclaimed?

IMHO you need to put in a reclaim of ALL charges and interest asoc with them

via a spreadsheet [then just deduct the ones they have done so far from your total]

when this is completed

either demand the defaults/markers a removed

or offer the owning DCA and F&F on the strict condiion ALL neg data is removedand the accouht marked SETTLED.

dx

and they

Thanks. I think about another £50 worth of charges and interest needs to be refunded. The DCA LTSB state this is still with- passed this onto another DCA at the begining of August 2012. This new DCA don't have record of the account- nor have we received notification from them. The account appears to be in limbo.

Thinking of sending F+F to CEO taking into accountd default balance is incorrect as included refunded charges. Never received letters from LTSB- passed onto various DCA ( who placed account on hold- have letters proving this) so did not have an opportunity to address the balance - charges, Will pay the remaining balance ( although does inc PPI) if they remove all adverse markers in the last 12 months.

Ok,

LTSB will not have kept a copy of the DN - IMHO, all the banks should be forced to as this would inevitably prove that they have sent out "dodgy" DNS.

From what you have posted.. LTSB say they issued a DN on 16th November 2011 - they MUST by law allow 14 clear days for you to remedy the breach (repay the arrears being asked for) - if you remedy the breach, it is as though the default never happened.

Fact - LTSB always send out their DNs by 2nd class mail. They would have had to add on to the 14 day allowance, the time for posting which is 2 business days for 1st class post and 4 business days for 2nd class post.

So.. if they dated the DN 16/11/2011 (a Wednesday and assuming they did send by 2nd class mail ) - you would not have received the DN until 22/11/2011 (because of hte saturday and sunday). Therefore the remedy date would have needed to be.. 6th December.

If they sent it 1st class post then the remedy date would be 4th December.

However, from what you say - they sent the account to a DCA on the 30th November which and placed a Default Marker on your Credit files on the 18th ? Which kind of makes a nonsense of sending the Default Notice in the first place ?

Had you been given the opportunity to remedy the breach in the first place, which it appears not so - then a Default should not have been placed. However you werent and they have and I seriously doubt you will be able to get it removed by either paying in full or by a F&F settlement.

Probably not the answer you wanted :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for the reply. Originally told over the phone 16th November DN sent out, then in final response was informed 18th July 2011, was the date the default notice sent out. Did receive a copy of last statement dated 13th Nov, with response which said payment to be made by 8 th December. This was a statement though. Account was closed 16th Nov 2011.

Thanks for the reply. Originally told over the phone 16th November DN sent out, then in final response was informed 18th July 2011, was the date the default notice sent out. Did receive a copy of last statement dated 13th Nov, with response which said payment to be made by 8 th December. This was a statement though. Account was closed 16th Nov 2011.

So they issued a DN AND closed the account on the same day ?

Where is the time allowed for remedying the breach then ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D