why are you taking an annual premium after a claim?

johnlaing
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am disgusted in the way you have acted after i had a claim with my car you have told me that my car is valued at £2500 then minus a £290 exess then minus £1282.12 yearly premium which leaves me with £927.88. i think this is an outrage and i demand an answer and my money what would happen in a case that i don't want to drive a car again do you get this money for doing nothing then???

This will be written in the policy and is the way many Insurers act.

When you have a claim for a total loss they will settle for the market value and then deduct the relevant excesses, plus any remaining annual premium. When you have any claim on a policy, you have to pay the remaining premium.

Insurers started to do this quite a few years ago, when people with total loss claims, would receive the claim payout for a write off and the refuse to pay the remaining annual premium that was due. The Car Insurance is an annual policy and not a monthly contract.

If you are unhappy with the market value paid out, then you should raise a complaint with Hastings, with supporting evidence to justify an increase payout.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/motor-valuation.html

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thanks but i have already done this........ the way i see it is i signed up for the monthly instalment for a reason as i cannot afford to fork out that kind of money otherwise i would have just paid a years premium, i think it is horrific that hastings direct can get away with this its basicly theft in my eyes i did not give them permission to take this and they have!!!

Hi johnliang, Thanks for your post, I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service that you have received following your claim. If you would like me to raise your complaint with our Total Loss and Valuations team I would be happy to do so. If you could send me an email with some details about your policy please. Many Thanks, Jamie. [email protected]

so an update.......basicly i got a phone call from someone today who seemed ok at first then once i started asking simple but straight to the point questions the person wasnt sure then 10 miniutes later i asked the same question again and he contridicted what he just said before, he then proceeded to tell me there might be a chance i could get my money back so he put me on hold and then came back and said they can't pay me as i have already been paid with my total loss settlement which was only a part payment may i ad it was as if oh lets give him some hope then destroy it i will not recommend Hastings Direct to anyone and i will be seeking legal advice if this matter is not resolved.

Hi John, Thanks for posting an update, I am sorry to hear that we have not yet managed to resolve your issues. If you would like to email me with a brief outline of what you would consider a suitable resolution to this matter I will do my best to find out if it is possible. Many Thanks, Jamie