Confused

Pick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I had a letter from Bryan Carter stating that i owed Arrow Global £346.00 and that they were commencing court proceedings. On the same day i also received claim form from the court (both were sent to wrong address and only received as postie noticed error and brought them to me) I contacted them to see what this was for and was informed for a debt i had run up with additions direct. I told them that i was under the impression this had been paid and was advised to contact the company directly for further details.

Additions told me that on 18/07/07 i owed a total of £272.96 and that the debt had been passed to a collection agency.

I'm sure at some point over the years that i paid this but have no proof and as i was worried by the thought of court action i rang Bryan Carter back. They agreed to me paying £64 pounds there and then and setting up a direct debit to pay the remaining.

This is where i get confused! According to them the difference between the original amounts is due to charges but if they are no longer taking me to court am i within my rights to only pay the original amount or as court papers have already been issued will the charges still apply. They have assured me this won't go to court unless i miss a direct debit payment but I'm still worried. Any thoughts appreciated as i'm now on a mission to try and sort out my finances :-)

When was the last time you made any payments to this account ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I'm not sure its so long ago now and have changed banks since then so can't even go through my internet banking to check:oops:. To the company itself probably early 2007 until i made a payment to this new company last week

Sending a SAR to the Origional Creditor will let you know the score regarding payments made ect, these 'charges' can be re-claimed.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert