im been investicated by tax credits

auturm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

im so scared i recieved aletter from tax credits about my son askin me if he was still at college,i answered them with a yes,ive since found out my son enrolled but only went for aweek n quit,my life over the last 4 yrs has bin turned upside down by my parents becomin ill,my dad had diemenia n sadly died in 2010 my mum has had both her legs ambutated n althou she is in care home swhe depends on me to visit everyday,my relationship with my son has bin abad one in the last 3 yrs which i think is due due to me not been at home oftern, i should have noticed my son wasnt attendin college but because he is not home much n i havent seen him much i failed in noticing,i have wrote to tax credits explainin my situation n that my son had not bin oin college but i have bin claimin for him,im so scared im goin to prison if i did this would kill my mum as she only has me for support were family is concerned,has anyone got any advice on wat will happen to now ive admitted my neglect to notice my circumstances had changed,any advice would be helpfull,im suicidal

Edited by auturm

Hi welcome to CAG, please calm down, you made the right decision telling

HMRC that you had been deceived by your son, and I'm sure your honesty

will be taken into consideration.

I very very much doubt that prison is an option here!!!

How long ago did you write to the tax credit office.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

i w rote to tax credits aweek ago,explainin everything to them n tellin them i had bin claimin for my son for 2 years,i feel so ashamed ive never ever been in asituation like this before i think my son maybe workin but not sure

Don't panic about this you have been deceived you have explained,

now you can only wait to see what the tax office says.

Mean while try to put it to the back of your mind I doubt there will

be any drastic action.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thank you so much for replyin back to me,im at my wits end about this,i know i am goin to have to pay back the money i have had from tax credits,do they come to n agreement of how much u can afford or do they just give you the amount they want back in installments n u have to make those payments,as i am asingle parent on benefits at the moment

Thank you so much for replyin back to me,im at my wits end about this,i know i am goin to have to pay back the money i have had from tax credits,do they come to n agreement of how much u can afford or do they just give you the amount they want back in installments n u have to make those payments,as i am asingle parent on benefits at the moment

I'm sure there will be a fair decision and it will be made taking into consideration what you can reasonably afford to pay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...