Urgent advice - need to respond today - cpr 31.14 - no default notice received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is anyone available to give me some advice, please. {;r

I received a County Court Claim on 9th May for a debt that had been sold to a collection company.

After advice I filed a defence and made a CPR 31.14 request for:

1. Copy of the Agreement

2. Notice of Assignment

3. Default Notice

4. Termination Notice

The collection company responded and gave me a further 28 day extention which expired on 4 July.

They wrote to me on 5th July and sent me

1. Copy of the Agreement

2. A template copy of the Notice of Assignment with line data used

3. Key pages of the Account Sale Agreement (they have not sent the full document as they say it is commercially sensitive.).

I am not sure what the Account Sale Agreement is in relation to the information I have requested and also whether they should submit the full document to me.

In addition they have not sent a copy of the Default Notice. Am I right in thinking that a debt cannot be sold without the issuing of a Default Notice.

At the end of the letter they have invited me to discuss settlement terms and that they intend instructing their Solicitors to proceed with the Claim in the next 14 days. - That will be tomorrow so

I guess I need to take action today.

Im not sure what my next step should be.

Please can some advise.

Kind Regards

N377y

P.S I have asked for advice on my previous thread too "Settling Out of Court" - sorry I dont know how to link this. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?350242-Settling-Out-of-Court&p=3912376#post3912376 hope this works.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope I have done right.

I posted the following email to the courts today.

"Further to my telephone call to your offices at 12.23 pm today.

I issued a CPR 31.14 request to Hillesden Securities Limited on 18 May 2012 requesting copies of the documents detailed in the Particulars of Claim.

To date I have only received a copy of The Agreement. I have not received a copy of the Notice of Assignment, the Default Notice or the Termination Notice.

As a result of the above I am unable to defend this claim and ask that the case is subsequently dismissed"

Any feedback (hopefully positive) will lower my stress levels considerably :)

Thanks Dotty

It is holiday season, so maybe Andy is away. I posted a new thread yesterday in the hope that I would attract someone to it, but unfortunately it was moved to my exisiting thread. Im just concerned about my response to

the courts. I do hope I haven't messed up!!!

Netty

Hi Netty

I'm not an expert and I'm working right now (or should be) but this could help

Dont worry about being late, just contact the court anyway is my advice.

Form N244 is the form for strike outs etc

N244

http://hmctscourtfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=484

Is used to ask for set asides, strike outs, special court orders eg. For disclosure, leave to amend a claim where the other side have refused consent etc.

Look here about drafting if you get to asking for a strike out or similar http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?282955-Hilesden-securities-court-papers-received-**-Discontinued-***/page6

Hi Netty

Is the above your defence?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy

I ran the court yesterday and they advised me to email my defence. I sent this email. I was worried about the timescales as the Claimants advised that they would be instructing their solicitors to proceed with the claim today.

I do hope I have done right.

I posted the following email to the courts today.

"Further to my telephone call to your offices at 12.23 pm today.

I issued a CPR 31.14 request to Hillesden Securities Limited on 18 May 2012 requesting copies of the documents detailed in the Particulars of Claim.

To date I have only received a copy of The Agreement. I have not received a copy of the Notice of Assignment, the Default Notice or the Termination Notice.

As a result of the above I am unable to defend this claim and ask that the case is subsequently dismissed"

Any feedback (hopefully positive) will lower my stress levels considerably :)

Ok well that will halt the auto process of judgment by Default see what response the claimant makes now and if they wish to proceed.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi All, Whilst sat here ruminating Im just wondering how the Court will review my email. Should I not have used the N244 form?

I've tagged a quote from another link, similar situation, and Squaddie sufggests N244 form and paid the necessary fees.

thats ok, you are on low income so the court costs will prob be free

we use an N244 form and an application notice to strike out the claim if they dont comply with the docs when the 28 days extension finish

it costs £80 which you get back but in your case will prob be free

ill look into it

we have plenty of time but get that letter from DLC sent TO THE COURT ASAP

Hi Netty

You don't use an application to submit a defence unless you are altering it or it is late and have been instructed to do so.The above is to strike out a claim, you have submitted a defence in time although Im unsure why you submitted in the manner you did in stead of on line using MCOL.

Andy

Andy

Thanks for the clarification Andy, much appreciated.

Although I registered on MCOL, I must have been on automatic pilot when I did it because I cant find any of the details. So I rang the court and they said I could email.

So I guess it is just a case of waiting now.

Netty

Of course

Have you checked it was received by Northampton? and if so you will receive notification from them that it has been processed and forwarded to the Claimant.They have 28 days to respond and if not the claim will be stayed.

Regards

Andy

Hi AndyI have received an acknowledgement email saying it will be passed to the relevant section for processing. So I assume at some point, going off what you have advised, they will say it has been processed and forwarded to the Claimant.Claimant has also offered me a "without prejudice" reduced settlement (60%ish) to save on court costs. Offer open until the end of July.Main objective is to not receive a CCJ.I would have to borrow money to take up the settlement and would rather not do this. I've not responded to the settlement letter.NettyN