HSBC Loans 1996-98 - **Successful Claim **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having cleared through some more draws at my mothers I have come across yet more paperwork for old loans at Midland / HSBC bank.

The first loan was taken out in November 1996 over 42 months. Loan was for £5500 and had £750 PPI added to it. APR was charged at 9% and obviously front loaded

The second loan was taken out in November 1998 over 60 months. Loan was for £9500 and had £1697 PPI added to it. APR was charged at 9.9% and again seems front loaded.

As you can see the first loan roled into the second. Pretty sure I would have had a rebate but not sure if for the interest / PPI or both. I have no other paperwork showing any refunds etc, just the initial credit agreements

As per each of my previous claims I had 6 months full and 6 months half pay through work at this time, so would have been covered. The fact each of these was front loaded also helps my claim

If I had put in a SAR (I actually have done) on these loans, HSBC would (and have) said they no longer carry any information. However I'm pretty sure they will magically find info that may show any rebate against either of these loans if I put in a claim.

Just want to check that I have all I need to put my claim in?

Many thanks in advance

Sounds as though you do have sufficient information to get them searching. I will flag your thread for the PPI guys :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

You have the evidence of these loans even if they don't so standard procedure applies...fos questionnaire and (ideally) spreadsheet of claim.

When you submit your claim you might like to send them copies of the agreements to (hopefully) stop them saying they can't look at the complaint as they have no records. Make sure thay are copies that you send them...do not let them have the originals.

ims

Thanks IMS

Forms completed and credit agreements copied. Off into the post today. Looking at the 2nd loan I was due to pay over £400 in interest on the PPI alone, so if it did run its course, I'm hoping for a sizeable return. Here's to another 8 weeks of thumb twiddling and see what comes back.

I'm pretty sure HSBC are going to find something that shows rebates etc. If so, then maybe a letter to the IC after would be good as HSBC have already replied to a SAR that they had no information on anything that ended before 2005. They did supply me with a PPI Policy number for a Flexi Loan, but had no detail on what was paid etc, and a SAR gave me no information on the Flexi loan itself.

• 2 months later...

HSBC offered a full refund of all payments plus 8% interest up to last week. I had no proof of what I had paid, only what i would have based on the credit agreements. HSBC paid every single penny that was on the documentation, so must not have had a rebate if loans were paid off early. I'm thrilled as I can pay a loan off that has quite a few months to run on it, leaving me nearly £200 a month better off and will be able to have a holiday for the first time in years. Form has been signed and sent off, so just awaiting payment into my account. Once done i'll be sending a donation to the site, as it has been invaluable to me over the lst few years Many thanks to you all for your help

Brilliant news.

Enjoy your well earned holiday :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sounds very nice indeed :)

BCOBS

Well done joncow.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread