speed credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll write you a letter to send them tonight. About to pop out for half an hr in a min to pick up a friend from work.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how does this sound to send??

Thank you for supplying me with your final response.

Your email states that my complaint relates to the firm not accepting a reduced offer. If you read all my emails back you will find that my complaint doesn’t just regard that, it includes all the harassing threatening emails and texts ive had off northern debt recovery and Marshall hoares. And their continued use of trying to take monies from my bank account when in July I sent a letter by recorded delivery which was signed for by a member of staff at speed credit, revoking your right to continuous payment authority, by continuing to attempt to take money from my bank you have abused the rules of the use of CPA set out by the OFT.

I informed speed credit in July that I was in finical difficulties by recorded delivery letter which they signed for, which informed them that I had received advice from CCCS and that I would offer a token payment until my situation changes. Speed credit have done nothing with ignore me and have their partner companies harass and threaten me. And when they have been in contact its just been to tell me they reject my offer

Your offer of a reduced settlement seems very misleading as you seem to be trying to be generous and genuine up to the point where you say “ this offer is made in satisfaction of your complaint and is contingent on its withdrawl”

Also you are willing to reduce the amount to 400 if I pay on your terms of 40 a month, or if I pay 10 a month on my terms 941, obviously most of those charges aren’t fair and justifiable you can drop the amount down to 400.

Please note your email will be forwarded to the OFT and Fos as the account is and has been for months in dispute

Woops. sorry ive been busier than i thought i would be. I'll get you a letter done today.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Sorry for the late response tinkerbell. Been doing remote assistance most of the night.

I was going to write a letter for you, but upon reading yours, it looks good.

Change the last line though to something like:,

" It is with regret that i find your final response to my complaint unacceptable. Due to this, i have
no choice
but to escalate this complaint to the OFT and FOS. Due to this account now being in
serious dispute
, you are advised to adhere to OFT guidance on Debt Collection, that requests you stop collection proceedings on this debt until the dispute has been formally resolved.

No further correspondence will be entered into until i am advised otherwise by the OFT or FOS
"

Dont put it word for word like that, but put it in your own words. When forming a complaint, or responding to one, it is good practice to keep it simple and to the point. If you ramble on, the majority of creditors will simply ignore it.

No probs. Just be aware that they will try and "skirt " the issue using any number of silly reasons as the last thing they want is for the OFT and FOS to scrutinise them.

Well i guess they didnt like my reply as theyve put my account back on mega full collection mode, they hadnt tried to collected anything since before xmas, now toro their gonna try to take three amounts over a grand each. Surely the fact they are still tryin to collect while in dispute will show fos just how these sharks operate.

Yep. Keep the OFT updated as well. They are currently investigating Sc/TF and NDR. The PDL knows this and knows they will lose their license, so theyre doing everything they can before it happens.

Ive had a rather odd response from WLP with the regards to my reply to their final response and it doesnt make sense to me, as he goes on to say my debt management companys offer was unreasonable?? i dont have a debt management company, and am not in a dmp, all i ever said to them was that i had had advice off CCCS and they advised a token payment which i have been doing.

If you look half way down the email he comes up with some lame excuse of why they can abuse CPA even when the customer has requested to cancel it.

They keep asking to see my income as proof of finanical difficulty but as ive read on this site many a time, they have no right to see that.

" i can see from your file that you received email and SMS communications from the firm as you did not repay your loan within the contractual period nor in a following two week grace period.

I can also see that you have instructed a debt management company to act as your third party representative, however, their offer was deemed unreasonable. As neither you nor your representative have taken the appropriate steps toward freezing interest and charges on your account, the firm has the right to contact you. The firm has been unable to contact you by phone and as a result, you have received automated system SMS and email messages, all of which are OFT compliant.

In regards to your complaint of the firm debiting your account. You have the right to revoke continuous payment authority, however, it is on the basis that you arrange payment by alternative means.

We require documentary evidence to take financial difficulty into account when considering a minimal payment plan. Although your letter is appreciated, this does not constitute the necessary documentary evidence needed.

As I have previously stated, we will be more than happy to consider your debt management company offer on the basis that you provide us with the necessary documentary evidence of financial difficulty. You may send the necessary documents to me directly by this email address or to our fax number 0203 137 0794 to the attention of Michael Lapides.

If you do not wish to send the information, we will accept £400 in instalments of £40 per month to close your file.

These offers are made in satisfaction of your complaint and are contingent on its withdrawal.

Please let me know in writing if you accept either offer. Alternatively, please let me know what it is that I can do further to resolve your complaint."

Back in July 2012 i sent speed credit a very basic i & e form to back up that i was now unemployed and in finacial difficulty ( it was before i found this site thats helped me loads) speed credit signed for it recorded delivery well this is what WLP have to say about that

"I appreciate that you have sent an income and expenditure sheet, however, this must be evidenced by documents such as payslips, bills, and receipts in order to consider a reduced offer.

As I have previously stated, if you do not wish to send this information, we will reduce your current outstanding balance for £1463 to £400, payable in instalments of £40 per month.

Please let me know if either of these offers are acceptable. Otherwise, please let me know what it is I can do further to resolve your complaint"

now am i right in thinking they have no legal right to even request seeing anyones personal documents,and them recieving an i&e form was a bonus for them because technially you dont even have to supply them with that if you dont wish to. They propably know no ones going to supply them with their personal info and its their way of not dropping the interest levels and justifying them

It does NOT need to be evidenced by anything. Simply sign it as a statement of fact. Notice how they are willing to drop the debt by a huge £1000. This proves that the debt is full of fee's and charges and they know it.

yup thats huge drop is unjustifable charges there isnt it. He seems to think hes allowed to see personal documents as his next reply was

"

While it is your prerogative to not send this information, we cannot accept a minimal offer without documentation to evidence your claim. As I have previously stated, we will be more than happy to reduce your balance to £400 if you can afford to pay £40pcm.

We feel that the firm has treated your complaint fairly, however, if you do not find our offers acceptable, you may resolve your complaint through the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Yours sincerely,

Michael Lapides

Complaints Assistant"

Its an absolute joke where he says theyve dealt with me fairly, he seems confident that FOS wont find anything wrong in they way theyve operated in my case

They're calling your bluff.

exactly what my thoughts were too rene, i cant wait to find out what fos reply about my compalint about them. theyre an absolutely disgusting company and reading through the forums other lenders would have just accepted the i&e and came to some sort repayment arrangement

Edited by tinkerbell_2k12

Well, the guy behind all of this is somewhat of a shady person. I cant go into more detail as we know he reads this forum and it could bring action onto CAG. He even posted himself early last year pretending to be a solicitior representing him. That was until we asked why he would be making a silly post on a thread in a sub forum instead of going through legal/official channels.

Hi

Thanks to Renegadeimp's advice (and also others that offered valuable advice too on the forum) i stuck to my guns and speed credit have eventually backed down.Im so very grateful for all your help.

I just got this email this morning

We will accept a repayment of £354, payable in instalments of £10 per month to close your file. This amount represents the total owed on 17th July 2012, when you had informed us that you were experiencing financial difficulty

Although we require documentary evidence to support minimal offers, this proposal is made as a gesture of good will and on a no-fault basis.

Please let me know if you find our offer acceptable

:thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

I thought things seemed to good to be true, i made my first arranged payment over the counter at barclays and the women said it went straight in and now ndr are claiming they havent got it, but theyll leave it 5 more days cos.apparently thats how long a bank deposit takes to clear??? I thought it went in instantly when you pay kver the counter?

Can take up to 3 days if you didnt use fast transfer. If you used standing order its pretty much instant.