My car insurance cancelled by my insurer

mac193
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there;

i know most pple out there are quite experienced in these sort of matters. i need some advice please.

i had insured my car with Auto direct and last month i got a letter that i need to pay extra to my premiums because i made a claim.

i have not made any claim whatsoever. when i phoned them, they said that i had an accident and the other vehicle is making a claim against me.

i did not have any accident and to make it worst they've cancelled my insurance and they are threatening to take me to court for not wanting to pay the extra premium plus admin costs.

any advice will be very much appreciated

hi there;

i know most pple out there are quite experienced in these sort of matters. i need some advice please.

i had insured my car with Auto direct and last month i got a letter that i need to pay extra to my premiums because i made a claim.

i have not made any claim whatsoever. when i phoned them, they said that i had an accident and the other vehicle is making a claim against me.

i did not have any accident and to make it worst they've cancelled my insurance and they are threatening to take me to court for not wanting to pay the extra premium plus admin costs.

any advice will be very much appreciated

You need to get to the bottom of this. You need to phone their claims department and find out details of the accident claim that has been recorded against your policy. If you have not had an accident, it may be a mistake, with your vehicles registration being incorrectly identified and therefore the third party is claiming against the wrong persons policy. You won't know until, you have phoned to find out the claims information. What day/time/location was the accident and what information has been provided to prove that the accident was with your car.

Try to resolve this with the claims department and get them to speak to the underwriters, if a clear mistake has been made. Perhaps they can reinstate the policy.

Do that for now and then comeback for further advice if you need to.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread