style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It was business rates on a public house and they required my home address. I dont deny the bill or the fact that I will pay (now that I can) what I object to is how Bristow and Sutor bully and screw people over, even when you pay regualr and dont miss any payments, just to make more money for themselves.

So I have replied to their email which I enclosed above and offered to increase my weekly payments to £65.00 per week which is all i can afford, also informing them I paid direct to the council last week and requesting information about the levy they applied to a vehicle I do not own. Here is their reply:

We write with reference to the above and further to your recent email.

Firstly we apologise for our error in sending correspondence to you on the 25/6/12 demanding payment of the balance, we can confirm that you were given until the 29/06/12 for contact regarding further offer of repayment.

We can confirm that the vehicle listed on the inventory has now been removed from the levy. All fees associated with the visits on the 30/03/12 and 20/06/12 have subsequently been credited.

Further to you comments relating to the payments made directly to the council we can confirm that we were instructed on the 25/06/12 of 2 payments of £50.00, paid to the council on the 22/06/12..

Your current outstanding balance is as follows: Ref: DUD-N xxxxx Bal: £1523.00 Ref: DUD-T xxxxx Bal: £496.15 Total Bal: £2019.15

Your further offer of repayment is still unacceptable, we are prepared to accept the following: £149.15 by the 05/07/12 followed by 11 weekly instalments of £170.00

As we previously informed you, payments made to the council directly will not prevent further action, unless we are informed otherwise by our client. Therefore we would again suggest that you pay directly to Bristow & Sutor.

Failure to comply with the above arrangement will result in the option to pay by instalments being cancelled and further recovery action will be taken against you. This may incur additional costs of which you will be liable to pay.

We trust that this clarifies the situation.

Now there is no way I can afford £170.00 and not sure how they thought anyone who is not working could. Can someone help me with what I do next. I am in the process now of writing to the council documenting everything.

Seeing as they come up with unrealistic payments you can afford I would just ignore them and continue to pay the Council direct. They will eventually get bored and hand your account back to the Council by which time you should have paid a fair bit off it.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update. Sent my complaint letter through to the council about these clowns and that the figure they were now demanding was a joke. Had the council contact me within 3 days via telephone to discuss the complaint. Finally got to speak with someone with some common sense who could understand what i could afford to pay. Anyhow the result is I can go back to paying the £50 a week to clear the debt which is what i had been doing until the bailiffs tried to play 'lets make some extra fee's card'. Not only that but I can pay the council direct so dont have to have any contact with Bristow and Sutor nor pay their stupid debit card handling fee's.

So a really big thank you to you guys here on CAG you truely are the best and to anyone having problems with bailiffs dont listen to the bull**** they sometimes give use the info you get here it really can help.

That is good news, Matheos :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D