Tax Help Needed

bumpersuze
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year me and partner ran a pub and were paid weekly until the leaseholder turned into a [edit] (long story involving a tribunal which we won in November) included in our award was a p45 each for the time we were employed by him. Despite emails and calls etc 7 months on and still have received nothing. While working for him we never got any payslips or nothing which is all very fishy. We are expecting a baby soon so I did some research into tax credits etc and in order to apply we need all our earning and tax details for 2011/2012 which thanks to this guy we don't have. Is there anyway we can get a statement of tax and wages paid for the last tax year?

Edited by honeybee13
Removing pejorative language.

Just an update

managed to get through to the right HMRC department and stated a letter would be sent out detailing tax etc paid I asked if they could do the same for my partner and they said no problem so I passed the phone over to him. While he was going through the details of previous employment the pub that he worked at for 6 months did not pop up on their system despite my partner having tax etc deducted from his wages (I only worked part time so no deductions were made but again this pub was not listed for me either). We have proof that the employer did deduct tax but it doesn't appear to have been paid to the taxman. They asked us to send all information we have about the employment to them (all we have is evidence from my partners tribunal hearing). Are we going to prosecuted? or is the ex employer really up s*** creek?

Hi

This is clearly an employer breach; employers have a statutory obligation to calculate, deduct, record and remit to HMRC PAYE income tax and NI

Failure to do this, particularly if done deliberately, renders the employer liable to penalties and possible prosecution

Gbarbm

Hope you find what you are looking for. A good start may actually be to phone the tax people and ask them to help you to find out where you can get this information and you may find they are actually able to tell you more than you think. Tax! A nightmare! Today had to help my elderly mother fill in a simple tax form for my late father; whose only income was the state pension and one attendance allowance, no savings and no other money; you would think we had millions the stupid questions they asked. Took three hours to fill in the only half a dozen sections that were actually applicable and are still not sure we put everything down correct. One section did not have a clue what they were asking, rang up and they actually told us what the information was. They had already got the rest of the information in front of them when we checked it over, so why the hell did we have to fill the form in for? I think you will find that they actually have most of this information at their fingertips and should be able to assist in obtaining it.

Again. Good luck