Tbvfirst Direct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:p I Sent my LBA letter 6 days ago reclaiming £6947.21 back from two current accounts..the charges I have asked to be returned are OD FEE,EX OD FEE, UNPAID ITEM, SO RECALL. Both my accounts are now closed...First Direct have crippled me over a period of five years. Today I received a letter this letter has offered £3588.00 in full and final settlement of this matter. The letter is from Robert Kernaghan (bet he is fed up of these complaints!!).....

In circumstances where you have authorised a payment that would, if met by us, lead to your account going overdrawn or to exceed your od limit, we have to consider whether to make this payment. A fee is payable for this service as set out in the published tariff. The circumstances in which the fee will apply are clearly set out in the Account terms and conditions, ....blar blar...we are confident of our position and believe that if your claim for a refund proceeded to Court, we would successfully resist any legal challenge in relation to these fees.....FD mindful of the management of time and irrecoverable legal costs we may incurr....(well that bits true at least...theyve got all my money!).... so they have offered the above sum and credit it to my non exsisting account (kind of them) Mr K wont refund recall/unpaid fees or additional interest!!

What a headache aye!:p

Write to Mr K, the reply letter is in the bank templates section called rejection of settlement, it will inform him that you will accept it as partial settlement but you will be pursing the remainder of the money owed to you.

You received a standard letter, when your 14 days are up issue a small claim, bet they pay you in full then!!