Pre Payment Electricity Key Meter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am new to the Forum, so hope i have posted in the right place:?:

Have a 'key' pre payment meter for my electricity, as i have an 'outstanding' balance with them, and just wondering if anyone knows the day they take the 'debt' off the meter, and if the debt can be taken off the emergency credit?

Thanks for any advice

AFAIK when you credit the meter with your key it deducts the money then, not from your emergency credit.

If you are on benefits, you should be allowed to have your arrears deducted from your benefit instead of through a prepayment meter, if this would work better for you.

I was in the same position some time ago. As mentioned above, when you top up your key and place key in the meter, it will take the debt then. If you have credited enough money to last longer than a week, the meter should automatically take it if there is sufficient credit on key. I am with British Gas and they used to take my debt on a Wednesday, but you will need to check with your own supplier the day it's due to come out.

They will never take the debt from the emergency credit. Remember that if you go into your emergency credit use, that when you go to credit your key, that you need to charge up key with full emergency credit, debt and a couple of extra pounds to put you back into normal credit again. If you dont, then the meter won't credit full amounts and will keep showing money owing until you do.