HSBC / Lowell Debt Unknow??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hubby received a letter this morning - front cover with HSBC logo on it and back letter from Lowell. It basically states HSBC have sold Lowell a debt etc etc.

I have been with hubby 3 years and have never heard of this debt (I open all the mail). I rang him at work and he doesnt remember anything relevant to the amount.

The letter states the debt is to HSBC, but not what for (credit card, overdraft....)

What do we do? Ignore it?

Hubby said he had a HSBC account a long time ago in hiw last marriage which is over 6 years ago.....I suspect it may be SB. We just cancelled our 30 day credit expert trial, and it didnt show up on there....

phishing letter

ignore!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just be careful as Lowell are very well known to wrap up debts mobile/bank accounts/credit cards together (I saw your earlier thread on an O2 debt) and turn them into statutory demands. If you want to avoid having to deal with a statutory demand threat then I would certainly send this recorded delivery - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

Edited by 42man