style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm currently in PDL hell... it's been absolutely my own fault as I took out multiple loans and was never convinced I could afford to pay them back and it's come to a head.

I've followed the basic PDL advice I found on these pages but one thing concerned me. I've opened a new bank account but it's with the same bank as the other account that my PDL creditors have. Are they able to access these details if I've never given them out? I'm absolutely sick with worry about it. I've cancelled any DD's set up on the account the loans were paid into and I've already defaulted on a couple of them, so I'm starting to get the texts and calls about paying. Thankfully my phone has a blacklist app on it so I'm just ignoring all of them.

I'm willing to set up payment plans for them all, I just need to sit down and do it. QQ have been really unhelpful, they were one of the first I tried to sort things with, so I'm not very sure to do. Has anyone found a way of getting more than a 3 month repayment plan?

Wonga were great, they accepted my offer of £50 per month and they've not hassled me at all.

The other companies I'm dealing with are:

Mr Lender

QuickQuid

Swift Sterling

Txt Loan

Wage Day Advance

Cash Genie

*gulp* it's kind of scary seeing them all written down like that, I can't believe I got myself into this mess.

If anyone could ease my mind about the new bank account I'd be so grateful. I've got an ISA that I can transfer money in and out of which will do for now, I'm hoping that the PDL companies won't be able to access my new bank account though. Those details are completely secret and I don't intend to EVER apply for a PDL again.

Any advice would be much, much, much appreciated - this girl is stressed and worried about sorting things out.

Thanks for reading.

Jenny

Cancel the CPA's on the old account and the debit card. If a bank tries to pay the PDL through the new account, then you can sue the bank for theft.

QQ are an american company and have no legal powers over here. To get any money back off a debtor, they need to pass the debt to a DCA, who you can negotiate with or ignore. The DCA has no legal powers either unless they buy the debt from QQ.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you for your response, Renegadeimp. Can I cancel the CPA's via telephone banking or do I have to go in branch? What information do I need to give them? If I was simply to close all accounts other than the one I've just opened, would that work?

Sorry for all the questions!

I've just emailed all of them asking them to remove my work telephone number from their records. I hope they do it.

Thanks for responding.

You can do it by telephone, but youll just get the minimum wage monkeys answering you who only know what to say from a script in front of them.

It's better to write a short and straight to the point letter stating your account number and that you want the CPA cancelled, and quote the relevant legislation. Tell them that they must comply immediatley with this instruction upon receipt. Some bansk will try to tell you no, but stand your ground and dont give in. It doesnt matter what the banks policies are, the law overrides it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D