Citicards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ADVISE ON THIS PLEASE !

I owed Citicards £4500 from about 6 years ago, they got a CCJ via Turnball Rubberheads, and HFO and had a charge put on the house for £4500, that was a few years ago, we sold the house last week and paid off the debt, but the debt had risen to £7000 with charges and interest ! We offered them £6750 after much arguing, we had to do this as we had a suspended possession order for the mortgage and our buyer was getting itchy, so we went along with it, and come out of it with £300, to split with my ex wife, not a lot for 24 years :(

Can they add all that interest to a ccj???

Thanks in advance

ADVISE ON THIS PLEASE !

I owed Citicards £4500 from about 6 years ago, they got a CCJ via Turnball Rubberheads, and HFO and had a charge put on the house for £4500, that was a few years ago, we sold the house last week and paid off the debt, but the debt had risen to £7000 with charges and interest ! We offered them £6750 after much arguing, we had to do this as we had a suspended possession order for the mortgage and our buyer was getting itchy, so we went along with it, and come out of it with £300, to split with my ex wife, not a lot for 24 years :(

Thanks in advance

I have asked the site team to start a new thread for you on this, no idea where they will put it but they will let you know. Do not worry - help is at hand

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Start documenting everything, get all your paperwork together as we will need to reference this. I feel some complaints coming on!

donate

ADVISE ON THIS PLEASE !

Thanks in advance

They can only add interest if the T&Cs allowed for it and if the judge allowed it.

HI ALL,

HFO i think took me to court or at least Turnbull Rutherford which i think are the same, i didnt defend the claim, and have lost all the paperwork since my marriage split up and have since moved.

:(

As per Coledog, you need to do a sar.

It's pretty much zero they can't do what they have.

The original terms need to have allowed it.

It should have been on the poc.

It should have been allowed for on the judgement.

Notices and interest statements should have been sent.

You were liable to pay the judgement amount of £4500 only.

It is very unlikely that Citi will come back with any kind of credit agreement or anything useful, but we need to know what they have. The TR SAR may be very interesting. Be prepared for a FOS complaint as I actually think that this will be the only way to get you some money back at this stage. TR/HFO have basically taken money they were not entitled to IMHO

donate

The process for a FOS complaint is that you will initially need to draft a formal complaint to TR/HFO to which they have so many days to respond. They may very well settle before it gets to the Ombudsmen. This is a bit lengthy for you but hopefully will get a result and be another nail in the coffin for our friends.

donate