Kensington Charges

woodwa5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The FAQ's posted state that the ruling relates to mortgages that completed after Nov 2004.

As we completed our mortgage in 2003 and were forced to bail out in late 2005 , does this mean that we are not eligible?

The helpline was not very' helpful' and the lady couldn't say whether we would be eligible under the ruling and we have to wait for the letter to arrive by the 31st may

We were charged approx £900 in arrears and direct debit return fees which I would like to be able to claim for .

Has anyone successefully claimed any charges back from these unscrupulous lenders?

:???:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, xx HELP NEEDED PLEASE

we have a mortgage witrh these pigs and have done since 2005, we had a death in the faamily in 2006 and ended up with a suspended reposession order. We paid arrears off and flash dorward to 2010 and me and my husband are now students. Our student finance has messed up this year puttin us into arrears again.I have recieved some funding and today cleared off some of my arrears. After paying the money the kensigton negotiator told me we have until may the 7th to give them our income details or they will evict us without notice on the powers of the 2007 repo order. my order was suspended with a 100 additional payment ontop of my current mortgage . Can they enforce this ??? and also can they demand more than the court agreed 100 pounds month payment ?? my payment now stand at 13 weeks arrears i can bring this lower but im worried that they are going to come and evict with out us being able to do anythin. My original arrears were cleared im a little muddled and very worried .... also i have over 3000 pounds worth of charges that have been added with interest to my mortgage is this legal ?? my loans started as 81000 and now stands at 83000 even though i have paid etc please help if possible many thanks mizzkerrang x:-|:shock::Cry:

Will be interesting to see what the FOS make of this when they can be bothered to look at my claim against Kensington :)

They have untill the 16th May to do something positive or I will forget the useless beggars and use the County Courts as I have with the rest of my claims and this will be very usefull amunition :)

pete

we have a mortgage witrh these pigs and have done since 2005, we had a death in the faamily in 2006 and ended up with a suspended reposession order. We paid arrears off and flash dorward to 2010 and me and my husband are now students. Our student finance has messed up this year puttin us into arrears again.I have recieved some funding and today cleared off some of my arrears. After paying the money the kensigton negotiator told me we have until may the 7th to give them our income details or they will evict us without notice on the powers of the 2007 repo order. my order was suspended with a 100 additional payment ontop of my current mortgage . Can they enforce this ??? and also can they demand more than the court agreed 100 pounds month payment ?? my payment now stand at 13 weeks arrears i can bring this lower but im worried that they are going to come and evict with out us being able to do anythin. My original arrears were cleared im a little muddled and very worried .... also i have over 3000 pounds worth of charges that have been added with interest to my mortgage is this legal ?? my loans started as 81000 and now stands at 83000 even though i have paid etc please help if possible many thanks mizzkerrang x:-|:shock::Cry:

Hi Miss kerrang and welcome to CAG. I would recomend that you go over to the Repossesions part of the forum and tell your case on their. You will get all the help you need. See you there

Olives xx

Will be interesting to see what the FOS make of this when they can be bothered to look at my claim against Kensington :)

They have untill the 16th May to do something positive or I will forget the useless beggars and use the County Courts as I have with the rest of my claims and this will be very usefull amunition :)

pete

FOS ruled in favour of Kensington when I went for charges admittedly it was a year ago now. They took about a year to come to that conclusion as well. Good luck xx

Well i've been stupid. Rather than act on some of the great advice from above i have continued to pay whilst i have sorted other stuff out. I missed a payment last year and because of this they sent me an arrears letter every month saying i hadn't paid. Well today I have received an attachment of money order for £22k from them. B*$&@#[s !!!!!

I only missed £100 and that's how much it has cost for them to take this back to court!!!

They have now forced me to act. I am going to need to know what to do Janet and John style though i'm afraid, including the wording for the SAR as I need to find out how they divided the sale of the house.

Thank you in advance,

Woodwa5

Wow,

that is exactly what happened and with the company you describe.

They actually paid the erc and all the charges with the money from the sale which means the shortfall is part of the principle amount borrowed.

Is the best way forward now a letter to said company asking for proof? It was four years ago now and they will think they have got away with it,

thanks,

Woodwa5

Thank you ever so much.

From memory the orginal claim (possession) was in one court and the second for the shortfall was in bradford.........the opposite end of the country. I'll write a letter over the weekend and send it,

thyanks

Well what can I say. I had my letter today regarding these pay backs. It is just hillarious. These guys owe me thousands in charges,but apparently they think they only owe me a grand total of £45.90 PMSL. To make it even funnier they are going to credit it automatically as a capital repayment to my mortagage account so I dont even get it in my hand. Well all I can say is that they can get knotted and I will do all I can to get the rest, as to how succesful I will be is anouther story but two eviction hearings has to amount to a lot more than £45.90

olives xx

I have decided to send an S.A.R to both Kensington and Optima legal who have been dealing with this on their behalf requesting everything. My thinking is that if they get the official request I am putting them under a time constraint

Does anybody have an address for Kensington as I can't seem to find one,

Cheers

I have decided to send an S.A.R to both Kensington and Optima legal who have been dealing with this on their behalf requesting everything. My thinking is that if they get the official request I am putting them under a time constraint

Does anybody have an address for Kensington as I can't seem to find one,

Cheers

Damn I have just this morning chucked away a letter that had their address on it, I think it is in Skipton if thats any help?.

Got it:

Kensington Mortgages

1 Providence Place

Skipton

North Yorkshire

BD23 2HL.

Well one to them and one to Optima legal in the post tomorrow and see what that turns up. I completed and sent the attachment of earnings paperwork back to the court as required and asked for it to be suspended on account that I only missed one payment and it was in September last year and have made every one since.

go for it pete. I am about to mobilise against kensington too. I think their legal department is about to get very busy:)

I'm on their case, also. Just got a warrant suspended for a client today. Appallingly dealt with by these corporate psychopaths. Quite determined they were, to throw a family out on the street even after a nailed on remedy had been guaranteed to them by the Prevention of Repossession Scheme. They turned down £1,000 from the borrower and £3,000 from the Scheme. Five minutes later, the hearing was over, the warrant was suspended on terms of instalment plus £50 and no lump sum offer whatsoever. it's going to take eight years before the idiots see their arrears money and my client is about to make a claim for a substantial refund from them. Dicks. .

yoiu need to start you're own thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well i've had a response from the county court with regards to the attachment of earnings order. I asked them to suspend the decision and informed them that I only missed one payment and it was last September. The court has reacted by reducing my payments to £45 per month (from £100) and suspending the order........beautiful, first blood to me.....I sent the S.A.R's a few weeks ago and am still awaiting their arrival so I will wait with bated breath as to what they entail.:)

Well I got a response from Kensington re the SAR this morning. They require both my wife and I to sign for it (fair point and i'll do that) and they returned my orginal payment as it had no payee on it (postal order). Now unless somebody tells me different there is absolutely no requirement for to do that so they can have the orginal back with lots of threats re information commissioner etc if they try to stall again