Pursued by the Lewis Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For the first time ever, I have received a dozen phone calls in the last few days which Google tells me come from the Lewis Group (a DCA). They seem to be chasing a debt for 1st Credit, who in turn bought it from Barclaycard way back in 2008.My last contact with 1st Credit was back in 2009, when they failed to produce a copy of the signed agreement with Barclaycard, supplying only a copy of the application form instead.The Lewis Group are talking of sending someone to see me looking for 'full settlement' of this 'seriously overdue account'.It would seem that 1st Credit are now slipping back into the ways that caused the OFT to censure them on 25 Februaury 2009 - then it was Connaught Collections doing the 'dirty work'.Has anyone any experience with dealing with the Lewis Group that they would like to share with me ?LSP

Just another DCA, what shows on your credit files??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I'm not quite sure of the relevance of that, Brigadier - I defaulted on this debt with Barclaycard back in 2008 and that's on my file along with four other defaults from the same peroid. Three of those are now sorted leaving this one and one other, also in dispute over paperwork. What I was trying to ascertain was whether they have any 'tactical signature'. Telephone harrassment using automated calling is the first MO to surface, and I survived some three months of that with Mercers a few years ago.LSP

OK, it's time for a CCA request to Lewis group,

use the template from the CAG library and £1.00

postal order, they have 12 + 2 working days to

comply.

It should be addresed to their compliance manager.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Given that I have already done a CCA request complete with £1 PO on 1st Credit, which brought to light only the 'invitation' application form for a visa card, which is why the account is in dispute, surely the preferred option would be to 'enlighten' the Lewis Group and inform them of a gross breach of OFT guidelines. While the account is in dispute, 1st Credit have no business in passing it on to another DCA for enforcement. LSP

Not quite true Brokebutnotbeatn, my question was NOT what should I do, I have had a few years' practise at doing that - courtesy of CAG.My question was What Should I Expect Next from this DCA? How big will be the 'bruiser' that rings my doorbell to 'persuade' me to settle up, or do they just make idle threats ? This was the crux of my question aimed at anyone with experience of dealing with this particular DCA. LSP

The door step ''collectors'' have no authority what so ever and

can be just told to go awy..

I think you will find that 1st Credit consider that there is no

dispute and that the app form satisfies the CCA.

It's one of their favourite tricks app form nd or a recon agreement,

dispute over and then pass on the debt or as they are doing more

& more start litigation.

Have a read of the OFT Guidance 2011 Annexe A (1) (2) (3)

this is up dates the treatment of ''disputed'' debt.