• Tweets

• I've just noted that in Section 4 of the ebay powered by packlink T&Cs, there is a link to a list of webpages for each Transport Agency including Evri. When clicking on this, it redirects to Evri's send terms and conditions, which says: Our contract with you When you send a parcel with us, you enter into a contract with Evri. These terms and conditions set out your responsibilities and our service commitments to you, along with some legal bits about our liability and how you will be compensated in the unlikely event that things go wrong. Link to Evri send T&Cs: https://www.evri.com/terms-and-conditions the extract highlighted in bold above is pertinent as in Evri's own T&Cs, by sending a parcel with Evri, the sender and Evri have entered into a contract. Screenshot of the above extract attached. Screenshot_20240524_030834_Chrome.pdf
    • Hi, Evri provided a copy of the Ebay powered by Packlink T&Cs in their WS/Court bundle - this is already uploaded in post #246 yesterday. I copy and pasted the actual wording of clauses 3b and 3c from there into my post #246. see points 3b and 3c in Section 3 (General) through this link to the T&Cs:  https://support-ebay.packlink.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360004768420-eBay-Delivery-Powered-by-Packlink-Terms-and-Conditions#h_01HFXQJBTB441YZGPB7CQP9KFV Screenshot attached below. I cant answer why its not been picked up before. In my opinion, this is called Ebay powered by packlink T&Cs so it could be intepreted to mean Ebay and Packlink's T&Cs rather than Packlink and the delivery couriers T&Cs. In regards to seeing Evri/Packlink's entire contract in original form, in my WS, Evri has been invited to provide this. They have not provided the contract in their WS/court bundle. Screenshot_20240524_024259_Chrome.pdf
    • yes, and he has since emailed them to say he wants it done with a hearing
    • Do I take it that you had already informed the court that you wanted the case settled on the papers rather than by way of a hearing before you came here and told us?
    • This is a very important find. I don't understand why nobody has picked up on this before. It's a shame that you have only just found it but please will you get a screenshot and also give us a link to the page which contains this and if possible a link to the actual passage. This makes a huge difference because if this is right that the third party actually has a direct contract with the courier company then they can rely on their consumer rights rather than commercial rights. Also as you seem to have pointed out, even if  their commercial contract does exclude third-party rights, the clause that you have found on the eBay site directly contradicts that And this should be pointed out to the judge.  Please will you screenshot the passage. Give us a link and then stand by for a response later on today. We will have to send this additional piece of information to the court and don't worry we will manage to do it before the 4:00 pm deadline. And in any event, you will certainly want to see the entire contract in original form and receive clarification as to when their third-party exclusion close was included in it.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help! what happens next after got caught stealing?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

This has made me very ashamed and scared now and this will never ever happen again. I know it's of course my own fault but I really don't know what I was doing. I felt like I'm not me anymore.

I got caught a week ago stealing in a store inside the Westfield centre. I was taken to a small room in the back of the store, where the store manager and guard were asking me questions like why were you trying to steal, etc. but no police involved. After 20 mins I have been told to sign the Westfield notice of exclusion form for 3 months which is the only form I have signed, then they took a picture of me and told me not to go back to the store ever again. They also asked me to pay the unpaid item and I had to leave the centre immediately.

What happens next after I signed the notie of exclusion form? Would I also receive the RLP too? is this going to be recorded in the CRB/Enhanced CRB database? I'm so scared now.... anyone could tell what to do please?

Edited by kate11

Forget RPL for the moment, you say 'They also asked me to pay the unpaid item and I had to leave the centre immediately.'

Did you pay for the item they you were trying to steal?

If you paid for it, do you have it?

Jogs

well what ever you get in the post ignore it

and no it has no relationship at all to anything legal nor your crb file

DO NOT pay anything to anyone

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

does that mean I will still receive RLP even though I didn't sign any form about penalty notice? I've checked on the home office website and it shows that a penalty notice will be notified to current employer under the Notifiable Occupations and will be disclosed by the CRB to a potential employer as I was about to apply a job at university. :(

Edited by kate11

no such thing as a penalty notice.

they have no authority to fine or charge you anything

let alone a FPN?

thats is thepolices job.

and they decided they were not needed.

end of the matter.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Seems you've bought the item, although you should have been given a receipt, and as there was no police involvement or prosecution, you won't get a criminal record for this, so won't affect any CRB check.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

but what about RLP database? does it link to the eCRB if an employer requires to access the database? surely i will be shown on it... what can i do? :(

This database is a figment of THEIR imagination!

Stop worrying!

Jogs

what dont you understand about the advise given here to not worry about it?

WHAT on earth makes you think that a spoofing company with NO LEGAL POWERS

can do that?

have you not read a few other theads yet..........

dx

and they

i'm still very worry about if i will need to do an enhance disclosure.

What is there to worry about. The idiots have made you pay for the product, so you have stole exactly NOTHING!

The database they claim to have is not searched by anyone that has any clout!

Stop WORRYING and have a great weekend!

thanks for all your help! hope i could sleep without any nightmares after i have done such a stupid thing. i'd learned a lot from my ill action.

Put it all behind you, learn from it, and get a good nights sleep. It won't show on a CRB check. What concerns me more is that you haven't denied it was an attempted theft. Is there a reason for that? Don't worry as I'm not being judgemental, I just think people here can advise and help you get through whatever situation you are in.

• Haha 1

i will never forget what i did was terribly wrong and it's a one time thing only. i can't remember everything in the back room of the store, i was terrified with tears and shaking. the manager and security guard asked me why were you trying to stealing and is that your first time etc. and i said i don't know what i was doing and i'm really sorry etc. then they said i'm free to go only if i sign a notice of exclusion form which has my DOB, address and signature on it. they wrote down 'theft' to specify the reason of issue. not sure if this is what you mean attempted theft?

Edited by kate11

This database is a figment of THEIR imagination!

Stop worrying!

Jogs

Unfortunately, not strictly true, there IS a database but as to exactly who is on it and whether they have your permission is another matter, it would appear to be used by potential employers (I'd assume mostly in the retail sector). However things are afoot with RLP (and their database offshoot) and the situation may change.

There is little anyone can do at the moment (apart from take the general advice not to pay RLP any amounts), I'm sure we will be hearing more of RLP and their 'database' soon.

Andy

thanks for letting me know Andy. you have mentioned the database would be used by some potential employers not all of them is that what you mean? i'm now concerning if the university i plan to apply for a job would know about it... and even if not, does anyone know how long RLP will keep you on the record? i start panicing again...

I think you need to stop thinking about it for a week or two, that way you'll see things more clearly, stop worring about it.

Stop panicking, there is no need.

thanks for letting me know Andy. you have mentioned the database would be used by some potential employers not all of them is that what you mean? i'm now concerning if the university i plan to apply for a job would know about it... and even if not, does anyone know how long RLP will keep you on the record? i start panicing again...

Sorry, didnt mean to make you worry about this, it certainly wouldnt be used by a University, so put that from your mind. I mentioned it as it's an issue that CAG is looking into and there may well be further developments.

Andy

Hi

Just me thinking out loud. On the form you signed, does it make any mention of the Data Protection Act. If not then nobody has any right to store your data, not that it matters. As far as I am concerned, this is just another tactic used by RLP to mess with your head.

Even if the form did say something about storing your data, that still has to be with your permission and you can withdraw that permission at any time

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

no need to say sorry Andy, it's just me always being nervous and done something that i would have never thought i would. there's a moment i thought that i have destroyed my life with no future and bringing shame on all family and friends. but thanks for your words.

Hi

Just me thinking out loud. On the form you signed, does it make any mention of the Data Protection Act. If not then nobody has any right to store your data, not that it matters. As far as I am concerned, this is just another tactic used by RLP to mess with your head.

Even if the form did say something about storing your data, that still has to be with your permission and you can withdraw that permission at any time

hi silverfox, thanks for the info. the form i signed is a 3 months banning notice from the shopping centre but from the store, and as i can remember the form didn't mention anything about the data protection act. but would that appear on RLP letter which i haven't receive yet?

As I'm sure you are doing. Looking at other RLP threads will give you some idea of how much respect we have for this company :!:

You are getting the perfect advice so try not to worry about the petty antics of RLP

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

As I'm sure you are doing. Looking at other RLP threads will give you some idea of how much respect we have for this company :!:

You are getting the perfect advice so try not to worry about the petty antics of RLP

i did read some threads about RLP and all i can see is that telling people 'don't pay', but RLP would not stop sending the letter for 5 months or even longer?