Lancashire Diesel Centre/Heys Lane Car Sales, altered mileage -refuse to refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just read this whole thread and it fills me with dread! (that rhymes). I'm also dealing with a claim against BTC car sales aka Andy long, my dad bought a car in Feb and had a similar experience to others on this forum. What i'd like to know is has anyone actually got any money back? I've just paid £60 court fee hope it's not a total waste.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Teajunkie, have you followed some of the advice previously given like contacting a specific CAB office and Watchdog?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Hi,

Yeah, I've done my home work and followed all the proper channels, I also contacted Auto trader to ask them not to advertise for BTC but got muted response maybe if others did too that might help. I'll contact watchdog now as well if others have. Good luck fellow victims!!

Teajunkie, can you please let us know what response you get from Watchdog?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

My husband has spoken to Mark Dawson at Trading Standards and he is slowly but surely building a strong case against him, TS are fully aware he has changed names and he is definitely no longer trading from heys lane, we have a statement coming to us in the post to sign so that's another one to add to the case :) if I get no money back whatsoever I won't be bothered if this guy gets what's coming to him (prison hopefully).

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else

Teajunkie, Autotrader aren't worried who he rips off as he advertises too many cars with them, i will never deal with Autotrader again, at least with other ways of buying and selling cars you can get an idea who you are dealing with!!

So can anyone confirm if Andy Long is now operating out of Spring Gardens, Grange Lane, Accrington, BB5 2BT because the adverts on Autotraders map still point to Heys Lane.

Yes he is operating in accrington, spring gardens church st, you can always confirm with mark Dawson at trading standards, the cheek of him though he is trading opposite the police station!

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else

This guy is unbelieveable, he is advertising Leigh Rd, Atherton, Manchester M460LX now!

I wonder where he will be ripping people off next week??

Whats more unbelievable is the fact that this has been going on now for a year and TS have still yet to put a stop to it. If it was me, I would be speaking to my MP bout it. The amount of people affected by now is simply unacceptable.

Please Note

Update, he is now calling himself Richard Atherton, Atherton Car Sales, Leigh Rd, Atherton, Manchester.. 01942 871777....

Hope he dont move to Gotham or he will be calling himself Batman

• 1 month later...

I am also in dispute with him (my car did 30 miles and the engine seized with a £3000 repair bill)and was successful in getting judgement against BTC. However as he seems to change names as often as he changes shirts I contacted a High Court enforcement officer who said I need to arrange for the judgement to be served again but against him personally, so thanks to this forum I have his name. She said that she would pursue him far more thoroughly than a bailiff would (as they have limited jurisdiction) Thanks to this forum I now have his name. The name changes seem to go on as he is now listed on Auto trader as Pre Used cars. I have also contacted Mark Dawson informing him of my case. Andrew Long also moved to Bolton Road in Atherton but is now listed back at Leigh Road Atherton. I would suggest to anyone seeking court action that a High Court Enforcement Officer would be much better than a bailiff.

Why is TS not doing something about this?? Someone affected should be speaking to their MP about this!! Also has anyone contacted Watch Dog??

Please Note

he is now listed on Auto trader as Pre Used cars.

He must be illiterate as well. Pre means 'before', so before a car is used it is new, so he is only selling new cars, what a joke. :)

Should have added that there are three Andrew Longs listed in Bury on the electoral roll. One is a roofing contractor so I intend to track the other two down as Bury seems a likely geographical address for his home

Have his address now so will see where that gets me. I wont post the address on here because I don't want to get myself into any counter legal action

Make sure you pass the info onto TS.

Please Note

Everyones been busy inc Mr Long reading these pages it would be interesting if marcsleigh's address is correct, Is his door number 23???? One of his cars has appeared forsale in a garage in Blackburn. Is he upping sticks again???

Edited by Lowloader

Right at least one of his cars have appeared forsale in a garage in Blackburn, the garage was registered as a ltd company in july last year TS should have no problem seeing who the directors are and if they have any links with Andy Long, the garage also does MOT's aswell which is right up his alley.

Its probably nothing to do with him but "no stone unturned" and all that..

• 3 weeks later...

It seems his dealer page has disappeared from auto trader, is he still trading at Leigh rd????? I have lots of his car regs so will keep scanning the ad pages and see where he pops up next.

If anyone knows anything else keep us posted.

MR LONG YOU WILL GO TO JAIL

• 1 month later...