Landlord's fault, not mine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry. I still don't understand. The pipe burst in the loft, before it reached the house system. There is no valve that I had access to (that I am aware of) that isolates the reservoir supply from water coming into the tank.

There will be from main, usualy under the sink, hall floor etc that isolates the house from the mains.

However rarely sometimes there is not one and you have to use the in the pavement!

Any way IMO it is the LL responsability to ensure pipes are ok, lagged or not. And you have a valid claim.

Thanks for that, Rayd. As the water was from LL's private supply (his reservoir, out in one of his fields) I don't know if there would have been an isolator? In the flood the water all poured in from the pipe in the loft, ie it came through the ceilings. And even if there had been a valve, I wouldn't have turned the water off if I had been in residence for the w/e, so why would I turn it off when going away for 48 hrs and leaving the house heated?