Enforcement by a bailiff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a notice by post from Enfield Borough Council stating that I had been caught in a keep clear box at a set of traffic lights by camera. I was issued with a ticket at the time and given the option to pay.

Unfortunately I completely forgot about the ticket and dealing with it because my mother was taken ill and suffered a stroke shortly after. I do not recall receiving any further correspondence from the council other than this original notice.

Subsequently my mother passed away and I had been out of the country dealing with her funeral and anther matters. I returned in mid April (by which time I had forgotten about the ticket) and had no correspondence from the council about this matter.

On Friday 27 April 2012 my husband received a visitor to the house claiming to be a bailiff instructed by Enfield Borough Council to collect monies due for this unpaid ticket.

I have not received any communication other than the original notice, no court summons or any other documents have been received.

Can enforcement by a bailiff be made without a court order or the matter going to court?

What is the best process to resolve this? Can I appeal the original ticket still?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!